Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm advise, bougth house and no alarm code

• 08-06-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend of mine purchased a house recently with an existing alarm system but does not have the code. He has had a local guy out and he is saying that he needs an entire new system installed and cannot reset the code, he is saying he would need all new sensors and fitting etc at considerable cost.

The original installation company went out of business a few years ago.

Does this sound right? Surely there must be a way of either resetting it via the panel or replacing the existing panel?

Sorry I don't have the alarm system type to hand but can get it. Just looking for some general advise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Contact the manufacturer they shod be able to help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most manufacturers will not deal with end users.
    Most panels can be reset. It sounds like he may be trying to sell you something. Do you know what make of alarm you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

KoolKid wrote: »
    Most manufacturers will not deal with end users.
    Most panels can be reset. It sounds like he may be trying to sell you something. Do you know what make of alarm you have?

Thanks, the only info I have at the moment is that it's a Veritas.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That should not be a problem to get going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

could he not get the solicitor he dealt with for the house to get in touch with previous owner and get the code of them??

• Advertisement
Advertisement