Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grain free dry cat food - any recommendations?

• 08-06-2015 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to wonder if Poppy has a grain allergy and I want to try all 4 of them on a grain free dry food. We use Bozita grain free wet food. I used to have Felix and Jazzy on Applaws but they've all been on the RC Calm for over a year now. She's more of a fish fan, but any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Taste of the Wild does a fish version
    Applaws does Salmon & chicken
    Acana/Orijen of course
    Porta21 Wanted is grain free and does a fish version (or Holistic if you're ok with rice)
    Nutrivet Cat and Kitten Wild Ten Fish is also fully grain free

Those are the once I remember/could confirm quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Those are the ones we tried:
    Purizon (currently the flavour of the day)
    Orijen (also popular),
    the rest did not agree with our lots' tastebuds apparently :P
    Taste of the Wild,
    Arcana,
    Applaws,
    Porta21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Our 6yr old tom has been on Acana,Origin and Taste of the Wild. He is BIG. Like a small dog :pac:. Not sure if the food has had anything to do with it but he's thriving that's for sure. Good full coat too. He's on TOTW at the moment. It varies from whichever i can get a good deal on price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm going to order a 2kg bag of Applaws chicken, chicken and salmon and Taste of the wild. I've got a nagging suspicion that one of ours wouldn't eat one of the Applaws flavours but I can't remember whether it was the chicken or the chicken and salmon. The others are a bit out of my price range with 4 cats to feed. I tried Porta 21 before and 2 of them wouldn't eat it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Purizon is the only one my lot will eat. They have a fish variety which is always greeted with great enthusiasm. They really love the chicken and fish version as well.

They wouldn't touch Applaws, Porta 21 or Orijen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement