Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Irish Paper 1 - Higher Level - June 8th***

• 08-06-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Really lovely essay titles in my opinion. The aural was extremely straightforward too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

What essays did ye get.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

maude6868 wrote: »
    What essays did ye get.

What this person said...

any essay titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I picked (c), what a broad title: ''Scéalta móra in Éirinn an lae inniú.''

I wrote about the education system (and about how there is controversy over the pass maths paper), the recession (which you still hear about on the news), young people, drugs & alcohol etc.

I can't remember any others lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I did the nua-teicneolaíochta one.

I wanted to do the Córas oideachais, but the title was "we have an excellent system" so I wasn't sure if I could completely turn it on it's head, considering it was a radio talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Oh, and the aural was beautiful. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Beautiful exam, couldn't have gone any better. I had about 5 choices that I could've answered. Best exam so far for me.
    I wanted to do the Córas oideachais, but the title was "we have an excellent system" so I wasn't sure if I could completely turn it on it's head, considering it was a radio talk.

I just presumed you could disagree with it, I'm sure you can. I just said I disagreed with it completely and went from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Did (B) drugs and alcohol! tied in poverty and the homeless as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I did the scéalta móra. Surprisingly broad title. Got to write about seandaoine and the Irish language (I didn't have enough info to do a full essay on either so it was perfect)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I did the nua-teicneolaíochta one.

That's going to catch a lot of people. Not meant to disagree with a Caint but seeing as they've never made that clear anywhere, and loads are going to here, they have to allow it. We only knew because people got 0 for disagreeing in the Pre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

dory wrote: »
    That's going to catch a lot of people. Not meant to disagree with a Caint but seeing as they've never made that clear anywhere, and loads are going to here, they have to allow it. We only knew because people got 0 for disagreeing in the Pre.

Oh no :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

Killed that teicneolaiocht essay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

If you disagreed with the education system can you still get high marks it was my first time doing the oràid, I started it with ''dia dhuit. Is mise .... '' is that alright

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Best paper ever- so many options for essays 😀
    Did part (c) about 'scealta mora an lae inniu' such a broad essay you could practically put everything into it!

Managed to write 5 and a half pages. Talked about water charges, politicians, eductation system, violence...

Let's hope P2 will be as nice ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saz513

For anyone that was wondering, the essay titles were:
    -The age of technology
    -Drugs and alcohol in Ireland
    -"Big stories of today's day" (so news or something, I assume?)
    -Advantages and disadvantages of travel
    -Irish today (or something like that...I'm not too sure, I crossed them out after picking my one :P)

Then in the the debate section, there was a question on the health system and one on the status of women

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lexijade

If I only wrote about politics/water chargers in he scealta mora in eirinn sa lae inniu does that mean I lose marks? Everyone else seems to have talked about a lot of different tooics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Lovely!! Did also scéálta móra - terroism stories, health system stories and for a good story, the new ancient east of Ireland tourism thing. Listening was grand too

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bsd

Óráid: This will differ from the "Díspóireacht" in that you are giving a talk to a group of people. Unlike the debate, you may deal with both sides of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

I did drugs and alcohol and tied in bochtannas etc!

Thought the listening was quite fast but overall I liked the paper !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orangey24

such a nice paper. I did the oraid on the coras oideachais. I know it said that it's good but I mentioned in intro that there's advantages and disadvantages and then talked about the advantages for one paragraph and said that I think it's not good and went on about that. Will I lose marks or.... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Did the nua theicneolaiochta one. Always have to praise Irish for the choices they give. This is from the perspective of a v weak irish student, btw. :o did a bit of mean sosialta and how we have become lazy and so on. Pretty okay with it, I'm no gaelgoiri but hopefully it'll do me enough to get a c3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 JimLarkin101

I did the Oráid on the córas oideachais. I'm sure there's going to be many panicked question regarding it, so can someone just clarify -Can you go against it? And if you can't what is the penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bsd

Oraid allows you to take eithier side of the statement so disagreeing is allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

taím anseo ag an raidío na gaeltachta inniu chun caint leis na daoine óga faoi na gcóras oideachais. nil aon t-am agam ach ba mhaith liomsa dá leat smaoinigh faoin an gcóras oideachais mar tá athruithe ag teastáil sa chóras oideachais. i had an essay planned and I never done a speech so i started and finished with them sentences, are they completely wrong or do they look ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Such a nice paper! I had taisteal prepared for the mocks so that was fine for me.

Did anyone get the last question for the listening? About why the offices were located in the place they were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

I had to check the aural front page to make sure I actually got the higher level set of questions,
    unnaturally easy, in my opinion! Irish is one of my stronger subjects, but it has to be said,
    the aural was accessible for all ends of higher level. No strong accents, very slow speakers,
    no words/phrases tricky to figure. Simple!

As for the essay choice, there was a lovely variety, something for everyone.
    I chose the problem of drink and drugs in Ireland today, because it is topical, therefore predictable,
    and i had an essay prepared for it! Lovely :) Hopefully paper 2 will deliver the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

Although i didn't choose it, the 'big stories of today' essay title was a brilliant option to give students.
    Infact, the topical essays students have prepared may have been rolled into one,
    between homelessness, drugs and alcohol, racism, terrorism, water charges.. the list is endless!
    Great question.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

blobcat wrote:
    Did anyone get the last question for the listening? About why the offices were located in the place they were?

Something about having broadband anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Three essays prepared from the mocks, all three came up in one shape or form :)

Picked Education system as I'm strongest at that. However I said that it was mainly good, but filled my essay by adding in a couple of paragraphs of the not so good. It's a radio talk, anyone who listens to one will realise thatx the majority of the time, they do give both sides of the argument.

Wrote 4.4 pages, at about 220 words per page, so, presuming there's no flaws with relevance, on course!

Listening was great as well. Never gave a crap about irish fir the whole of the Leaving Cert campaign. However I did really good in the oral and paper one, so I might as well try now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

lexijade wrote: »
    If I only wrote about politics/water chargers in he scealta mora in eirinn sa lae inniu does that mean I lose marks? Everyone else seems to have talked about a lot of different tooics

No, they are clearly big stories in Ireland today. You won't lose any for writing about them. The thing is with the aiste, is that a huge chunk of the marks go for your Irish, it's not an information exam, it's a test of your grammar and such. If your content can be relevant, I'd say it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭pandoraj09

What was the gearrsceal anyone please???

Advertisement