Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Exchange Query

Options
  • 08-06-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Boards

Is there anyway of checking if your exchange is having issues online rather than call Eircom to find out and what technology they are using at the exchange to provide you broadband?

I've heard of them using something called Spectre at an exchange has anyone ever heard of that before?

I'm not having issues with my line or my broadband I am just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UPC do it via an online checker (hidden behind account numbers so we cant see how often they f'ck up). Eircom have never done anything like that, only post really big issues on twitter. ESB lead by example with powercheck.ie which is a really great system, props to them.

Never heard of spectre. Theres really just three classes, Non-NGN(Radio, congested), NGN(Uncongested, fibre to the exchange), and NGA(VDSL, eFibre).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wanderer672

Hi thanks for the reply.

I checked out powercheck.ie that is pretty useful.

Advertisement