Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome not keeping me signed in

Options
  • 08-06-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

As title suggests, I close my browser then go back in again it asks me for my password EVERYTIME.

Does anyone know a fix for this please:confused:
    Steve

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try a Chrome Factory Reset. May resolve the issue (backup important stuff like favorites first! :) ).

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Thanks for that Nick.
    I'd already tried that but with no luck I'm afraid.Hope Google provide a fix soon:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Same issue here, logged out everywhere all the time.

Asmooh wrote: »
    Same issue here, logged out everywhere all the time.

Seems to be a universal problem then

How do we speak to someone on this?
    Contact telephone number anyome?:confused:

(01) 436 1000

I'm going to ring them and see if they can give me a fix for this signing out problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you tried this.....

Go into settings - click on the square icon in the upper-right corner with three orange stripes and in the dropdown menu select 'Settings'

Scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Show advanced settings'

Check the settings in the 'Passwords and Forms' section

Thanks coylemj
    Tried that but no luck.It's not so much that Chrome is not remembering the password it's that it is forgetting that you have signed in and is constantly asking for your password :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you the paid version of CCleaner installed? Possibly it's doing a browser flush when you close Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Exact same for me every time I close the Chrome browser and then go back on it.

Fair annoying.

coylemj wrote: »
    Have you the paid version of CCleaner installed? Possibly it's doing a browser flush when you close Chrome.

Nope so not that..well irritating!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

No CC Cleaner, Fresh Windows installation (legal), no cracks or illegal software

Asmooh wrote: »
    No CC Cleaner, Fresh Windows installation (legal), no cracks or illegal software

Nope I'm very good me ;)

Does anyone know how I can speak to a human being from Google as the forum / support site has NOTHING on this problem?
    Steve

Worked out a fix

Sign in to Chrome

Click on your user name at top right of screen

select "Switch user"

Rest mouse cursor on your profile pic and you will see a drop down arrow top right of your pic,click on that and select "Remove user" Click on that then exit Chrome

Open Chrome,sign in and that's it no matter how often you exit the browser you will remain signed in.:D

Happy days
    Steve

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Steve F wrote: »
    Worked out a fix

Sign in to Chrome

Click on your user name at top right of screen

select "Switch user"

Rest mouse cursor on your profile pic and you will see a drop down arrow top right of your pic,click on that and select "Remove user" Click on that then exit Chrome

Open Chrome,sign in and that's it no matter how often you exit the browser you will remain signed in.:D

Happy days
    Steve

Great to hear you got it resolved! :) Thanks for sharing the solution! :)

Nick

Advertisement