Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUI galway-MSc software design and devlopment

• 08-06-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have an admit in MSc SWDD and I am an International student (NON-EU) from India. I have an engineering Background in Electronics and Communication.
    Looking at the course it looks quite straight forward.

I don't have fantastic C.S background but I know a lot . Looking at the cost for Non EU students(19,000 euros) is this worth the Investment ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dex20

Bounce ,
    Anyone who can share something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭wmirl

It's probably not the course that best suits you. It's more geared towards people who have almost no background in IT, such as Arts/Commerce graduates. People from science/engineering have done the course, but haven't had to pay massive fees for it. The masters is two years, with the first year you take being all about learning programming and software engineering, the second year is where you do research on a chosen topic and do up a thesis on it at the end.

If you're completely unfamiliar with programming languages (Java and C# are taught in the first year), the course may be of some benefit, but honestly, there's probably cheaper courses for you to do online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dex20

Looking at the course work at NUIG I din have any courses mentioned in the NUI website. I have some programming knowledge. Will this degree take me to phd ? If course work is rigorous I wold not mind taking it.

How is the job market in IT for international students ?
    I hear Galway is a nice place for study.

Advertisement