Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itchy bum

• 08-06-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All,

Sorry for the thread title, but that's what my question is about.
    A few hours ago, our little girl was at the groomer's. As usual, after being there, her bum irritates her for a few days, we assume because of the close shave/crop.
    Is there anything we can put on her bum to ease the itch/discomfort? A 'human' cream like sudocrem or caldesene powder.
    Unfortunately our vet's are closed now, and this doesn't really qualify as an out of hours emergency.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh god... Your thread title will cause an influx of non-animally boards users here to pass comment :o
    I don't think it's the clipping that causes that problem... I think it's a result of having the anal glands emptied? They can feel a bit raw/irritated for a few days after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Could be worms too, but would a groomer empty the glands? I thought the scooting was to do with the glands being full, not empty?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Could be worms too, but would a groomer empty the glands? I thought the scooting was to do with the glands being full, not empty?

Yes, groomers routinely empty anal glands.
    The glands can feel a bit sore after being emptied, causing the dog to scoot and lick at the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭betsie

oh that explains that so, Bailey had his first proper groom at the weekend and he was doing the whole scooting along thing a bit the Sat evening and Sunday, grand again the last 2 days. poor guy I can imagine its probably not very pleasant

Advertisement