Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door

Options
  • 08-06-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, debating between a uPVC, hardwood or composite door. Budget will probably make the choice for us :( However, I have a question which I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to answer... We have two dogs and both scratch our current wooden door. Which of the three door types is most likely to survive such abuse? I'm guessing the more expensive composite one will be best but am wondering if the uPVC might also survive it? Although I know the wooden would get more damaged, it would be fixable, unlike a uPVC option. Head melted. So if anyone has any experience of this specific problem, I'd be very grateful for your advice. Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

The only thing I can think that would really last is stainless steel 'scratch plate' to suitable height. Other wise uPVC but that would have scratches and dirt in no time. What is the current door type

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dhaironthat

Also have a dog that scratches the door to get in, we had large wooden front door but recently replaced with light oak PVC over 6 months ago and its brilliant you can't tell any signs of scratching on the new doors! I'd definately go with PVC hard wearing and they tend to be a more secure door. hope it helps

Advertisement