Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a lovely roundabout!

Options
  • 08-06-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Well that's a thread title I never dreamed of writing :)

The (big) roundabout at the corner of power city (near coolmine school) is only beautiful.

First it was absolutely covered in lovely daffodils. Amd now they've died down its been replaced with lovely purple and blue wild type flowers. It's like a beautiful meadow in the middle of an urban jungle.

Fair play to Fingal.

And the small one further down (beside coolmine sports centre/petrol station) looks good too - all bush and green and browns.

Anyone else agree? Or see any other nice roundabouts in d15?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,351 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not D15, but the Rialto roundabout in D8 is always beautifully maintained, with gorgeous flower displays constantly being updated.

I have no idea who funds this, but it cheers up the area no end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The area around Coolmine SChool/Leisure centre always looks great.
    There's also a really nice display of Alliums at the entrance to Blanch village at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The daffodils and tulips that were on that roundabout were beautiful. I have family visiting at the moment and the commented on how lovely the flowers that are there at the moment are.

There were lovely wild flowers inside the fence in the park area across from the fire station last year. It really brightens the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

amdublin wrote: »
    Well that's a thread title I never dreamed of writing :)

The (big) roundabout at the corner of power city (near coolmine school) is only beautiful.

First it was absolutely covered in lovely daffodils. Amd now they've died down its been replaced with lovely purple and blue wild type flowers. It's like a beautiful meadow in the middle of an urban jungle.

Fair play to Fingal.

And the small one further down (beside coolmine sports centre/petrol station) looks good too - all bush and green and browns.

Anyone else agree? Or see any other nice roundabouts in d15?

I was only thinking the exact same recenrly,I run by it most evenimgs and its really well done, first there was lush daffodils in spring and then midway through as the daffs started to wilt,tuilps started coming up,they died and now there is some purple flower.. It's really nice and they have the same by side of the road going towards porterstown - definitely brightens the place up,fair play to whoever pulled it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Gaspode wrote: »
    The area around Coolmine SChool/Leisure centre always looks great.
    There's also a really nice display of Alliums at the entrance to Blanch village at the moment.
    I've often contemplated lying in wait, and kidnapping those responsible for the displays. Bring them back to my place and don't let them leave until there work has been duplicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I don't like greenery on roundabouts when it is high enough to obscure my view through the roundabout. The roundabouts in Carpenterstown/Laurel Lodge had high(ish) bushes but thankfully they have all been removed.

In some, the yellow/black chevron signs are the exact height to prevent an oncoming car from being seen.

At the Next/Snugborough Road roundabout, as you are exiting Blanch Centre, one of the direction signs in the centre island obscures the view of traffic from the right (from Coolmine).

I do agree that the colour on Power City roundabout is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, I admired it too. They also added shrubbery to a roundabout in Ongar going up to the new Hansfield train station. It was lovely last year but has not been maintained and is now just a bunch of overgrown out of control bushes and weeds.

It has resulted in sight lines being blocked, especially for pedestrians as you only see cars coming around the roundabout at the last second as you attempt to cross..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes only saying the timings of all the plantings are so well done and it seems like only one flower at any given time has taken over.... I wonder what colour is next for us??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Oh what a lovely bunch of roundabouts, can you see then standing in a row..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Indeed fairplay. Really brightened up the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

They used to have a nicely maintained roundabout on auburn avenue before they replaced it with the flyover jungle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I never noticed....

More concerned with not hitting the muppets, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I agree! The same can't be said about the one coming into Ongar by the Hansfield Station. What an eyesore that is becoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Idol

mattb74 wrote: »
    I agree! The same can't be said about the one coming into Ongar by the Hansfield Station. What an eyesore that is becoming.

Have to agree with you on this one, went by it the other day and it's a shocking mess of yellow grass and weeds. Who's responsible for maintaining these???

Advertisement