Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to different bank

Options
  • 08-06-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I'm one of two account holders on a BofI joint account.

I want to do a transfer from the BofI account to another account in a different bank (my own visa account, if it makes any difference).

I can't see any way to set this up online.  

Can I set this up, and if so, can you please advise how?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm one of two account holders on a BofI joint account.

I want to do a transfer from the BofI account to another account in a different bank (my own visa account, if it makes any difference).

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi, 

Thanks for your post.

You can set up a Joint accounts to transfer from online. 

If you can view the Joint account but you are unable to transfer from it, please contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 and a colleague will happily look into this for you.

If you are unable to see your Joint account online, you can add your account to view online in:
    - Manage accounts
    - Add a BOI account

I hope this helps, if we can help with anything else please let us know,

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi there

I'm one of two account holders on a BofI joint account.

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for your post.

If you can view the Joint account but you are unable to transfer from it, please contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 and a colleague will happily look into this for you.

If you are unable to see your Joint account online, you can add your account to view online in:
    - Manage accounts
    - Add a BOI account

Janette
    The account is set up online.

Just spent 15 minutes speaking to a spectacularly unhelpful person on the phone line. There appears to either be a fault in the online account, or some restriction on the account, as I am unable to get any further than the "manage payees" page.

The rep I was speaking to had no other ideas than try a different browser, or call into a branch.

I tried a different browser, and it was exactly the same.

Given the amount of fees we pay on this account (which is rarely used), I'm less than impressed.

What will the person I meet in the branch be able to do any differently to the guy I was just talking to on the helpline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi there

I'm one of two account holders on a BofI joint account.

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for your post.

- Manage accounts
    - Add a BOI account

Janette
    The account is set up online.

Just spent 15 minutes speaking to a spectacularly unhelpful person on the phone line.  There appears to either be a fault in the online account, or some restriction on the account, as I am unable to get any further than the "manage payees" page.

The rep I was speaking to had no other ideas than try a different browser, or call into a branch.

I tried a different browser, and it was exactly the same.

Given the amount of fees we pay on this account (which is rarely used), I'm less than impressed.

What will the person I meet in the branch be able to do any differently to the guy I was just talking to on the helpline?
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy and we would like to help you here.

Your account may not be repayable to either, this means that both account holders need to sign on the account before making a transaction on the account. When an account is not repayable to either it is not possible to set a beneficiary up on your Banking 365 profile.

If you would like us to arrange to have a representative give you a call and they can check this for you, please send us a private message including your name and your phone number and the branch in which you hold your bank account with us.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

PM sent.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

You know you race against their manager each week....

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Tow wrote: »
    You know you race against their manager each week....
    I do???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

You certainly did... The DBSC book out.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

PM sent.

Thanks.
    So..... I sent the PM, and requested a call this morning - and haven't heard a dickybird from anyone.

Did you get the PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

PM sent.

Thanks.
    So..... I sent the PM, and requested a call this morning - and haven't heard a dickybird from anyone.

Did you get the PM?
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Apologies for the delay in getting in contact with you. We have been in touch with a representative who has informed us that they have spoken with you regarding this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi again,

This is dragging on I'm afraid.

I was told that this issue would be passed to the branch for resolution, and that by today the account should have whatever restrictions it has on it lifted.  Or else someone would be in touch about it if there were further difficulties.

The account still looks the same, I still can't set up any payees, and I haven't heard from anyone.

Could you please check that this is actually being dealt with?

I won't be be able to take a call this afternoon/evening but will be available tomorrow if someone needs to contact me.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi again,

I was told that this issue would be passed to the branch for resolution, and that by today the account should have whatever restrictions it has on it lifted.  Or else someone would be in touch about it if there were further difficulties.

The account still looks the same, I still can't set up any payees, and I haven't heard from anyone.

I won't be be able to take a call this afternoon/evening but will be available tomorrow if someone needs to contact me.

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for your reply.  

We can certainly check this for you and get in contact with you tomorrow. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi again,

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for your reply.  

Thanks,
    Sarah
    This appears to have been fixed - thanks for your help.

I won't know for sure for about a week (apparently there's a code in the post for me to register my phone - is that really the most efficient means you can manage???) but it looks like I have the option to set up payees.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi again,

Thanks.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for your reply.  

Thanks,
    Sarah
    This appears to have been fixed - thanks for your help.

I won't know for sure for about a week (apparently there's a code in the post for me to register my phone - is that really the most efficient means you can manage???) but it looks like I have the option to set up payees.

Cheers.
    Hi HeidiHeidi,

We are happy to hear that your query has been resolved.

Once you receive the activation code and activate your Mobile Phone this will be registered for you going forward. This mean that you will have the option that when adding a Payee on your Banking 365 Online that you can request the activation code via text message.

Any further queries don’t hesitate to contact us,

Thanks again,

Tara C

Advertisement