Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric car with Night meter?

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have just purchased an electric car and am considered your night meter plan (switching as a new customer from my current provider) and charging the car over night. Can you tell me with electric cars is he night saver plan more beneficial than daytime plan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi tronman,

Thanks for your post, and congrats on your purchase. :)
    tronman wrote:
    Can you tell me with electric cars is he night saver plan more beneficial than daytime plan?

Yes, in the case of charging an electric car, a Nightsaver tariff would certainly be of benefit (see this recent ESB ecars blog entry for example). We normally advise customers considering a Nightsaver tariff that they would need to be using approx. three to four units per night to make the Nightsaver worthwhile (so as to offset the slightly increased day unit rate/daily standing charge and make a saving). You would be using substantially more than this charging your vehicle each night.

Just to note, switching to a Nightsaver meter is free of charge, but there is a fee should a customer wish to revert to the standard 24hr meter. For more information on the current Nightsaver unit rates, see here (in the 'View Prices' section).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement