Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery discs didnt work and now laptop in a loop

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I made some recovery discs and when I went into the recovery manager it spatbout an answer of
    "Windows could not complete the installation. To the install windows on this computer. Restart the installation"
    But it doesnt restart, simply goes around the same loop?
    Anyway to recover it now as cannot access windows?
    I'd backed up all files on an external drive beforehand. But the laptop was tediously slow, so wanted to run the recovery management programming and made some new discs in case the old ones had a problem.

Windows won't open in safe mode and there seems to be no option to boot from disc drive?

How can I recover this, I've gone from a very slow laptop to none, I wanted to do a clean install of win 7 and potentially upgrade it, now what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

IHave been able to open the boot menu, few things disabled in there, one called quiet boot enabled, have adjusted the settings there to show as much information as possible.
    Windows still isnt loading and I made the disc drive the first hardware device to boot from where I have put disc one of the 3 recovery discs.

It doesnt get past a point of "setup is starting services" just get a new window open saying windows could not complete the installation.

Dont see how this could happen in the recovery manager.

Anyway I can do some kind of reset on the motherboard to factory default it to get it to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Have managed to get the disc drive to boot by a menu that was accessible after I got into the original BIOS settings menu.
    Seems like a complete reinstall has been effected.
    Not slow or lagging so far, which it was tedious for.
    Going to load up some frequently used programme

All I can say and I hope its not too soon, fingers crossed, is
    Phew!

Advertisement