Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta pack on Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I thought I'd got around the 30 day thing by canceling the 3 days ago, signed up the 8th Jun but like said the response was there'll be a final payment 8th Aug........this 'great Summer deal' aint looking so great now, confusing buggers
    I signed up for the June/July offer of €5/month around 5th June and I emailed immediately after that and asked them what was the latest date I had to cancel in order to avoid paying the full monthly sub and this is the reply I got
    Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

After looking into your account I can see that you have accepted the offer 2 months @ €5 per month from Setanta Sports.

I can confirm that this offer was activated via the Setanta Sports website on the 05/06/2015 and will continue for June and July.

Please note that your subscription will revert to the full price €21.99 on the 05/08/2015. If you do not wish for it to revert to the full price then you are required to get in contact with us again on or around the 30/06/2015 to provide your 30 days notice, which this is applied from your next billing date from the date you call/email as per our T&C's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

did you ring them on the 30/6 to cancel and did they offer you any retention deal?

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Canceled by email, they offered Aug/Sep for 12.99, was gonna wait see if they'd offer something better over the phone but now this second withdrawal payment of 9.99 which is not what was signed up for has me thinking I'll just put a bank refusal on the 8th Aug payment, f.... them

sorry thought the question was for me, but anyway

Ok just re-read the email response I skim read the other day, it seems I wasn't signed up to 9.99 for the 2 months at all...

'In the meantime your account has now been scheduled for cancellation in accordance with our current cancellation guidelines. Your service will cease on or around 07/08/2015 and your final payment will be taken on 09/07/2015.'

kooga wrote: »
    did you ring them on the 30/6 to cancel and did they offer you any retention deal?

tks
    When dealing with Setanta I prefer to have everything in writing as I have had a few serious enough issues with them overcharging in the past. Yeah I cancelled by email on 30th June and requested confirmation of the cancellation notice and they emailed back with the confirmation and offered me €12.99 a month for the following 2 months. I didnt respond though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Well that's odd, couldn't get the fiver deal so signed up for 9.99 thinking indeed that was for the 2 months.......why are they taking a second charge :cool:

although it's a pending withdrawal hasn't gone through yet........I did cancel by email the other day and got a response offering Aug/Sep for 12.99, said if I don't respond there will be a final payment on 8th Aug......maybe they're getting their moneys worth early

Just wondering what was your outcome with your issue as I took up the offer of setanta sport €9.99 for two months From 17th June, which I've now cancelled, service ceases on 15 Aug. But Setanta have deducted €9.99 for both June and July unsure if they will deduce again in August.

amber2 wrote: »
    Just wondering what was your outcome with your issue as I took up the offer of setanta sport €9.99 for two months From 17th June, which I've now cancelled, service ceases on 15 Aug. But Setanta have deducted €9.99 for both June and July unsure if they will deduce again in August.
    When did you cancel? You do know that the notice only kicks in after your next billing date so there's a possibility (based on cancellation & billing dates) that you could be hit for another month at full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Ah that's it so, thanks, I cancelled on the 15th of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

yknaa wrote: »
    Me too. New yearly sub is €225 but they will offer it to existing subscribers for €199 (same as last year).
    Is that definitely confirmed?

My subscription is due to be renewed in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

dcr22B wrote: »
    Is that definitely confirmed?

My subscription is due to be renewed in October.

Well, as a current (annual) subscriber that is what the offered me to roll it over for another year once I suggested I want to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

First month now being offered for one euro lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a look at it again there, whats to stop me and 4 other mates using the multi room option and splitting it 5 ways?

i.e €250 sub for the year

+

€2.99 per extra box per month

( €2.99 x 12 = €35.88 x4 = €143.52)

Total: €250 + €143.52 = €393.52

/ 5 = €78.71 each a year

do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭samsid

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a look at it again there, whats to stop me and 4 other mates using the multi room option and splitting it 5 ways?

i.e €250 sub for the year

+

€2.99 per extra box per month

( €2.99 x 12 = €35.88 x4 = €143.52)

Total: €250 + €143.52 = €393.52

/ 5 = €78.71 each a year

It's a long time since I used Setanta, multiroom on a Sky card, if you are using same
    there's a way of stopping you doing this. each of the extra boxes must use a card 'mirrored to your original card, ie 5 sky multiroom cards, the cards won't work in other boxes,
    You'll get onscreen message saying card is in wrong box, if it's tried in a different box,
    I might be wrong, but better research a bit more before splashing out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭samsid

they will check the card numbers are associated to the same sky account, ie mirrors, or multiroom cards on same account, but if you are sure go ahead & try

samsid wrote: »
    they will check the card numbers are associated to the same sky account, ie mirrors, or multiroom cards on same account, but if you are sure go ahead & try

setanta don't check sky accounts for setanta multi-room as I have 2 other sky account holders with my setanta on sky account

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can we drop this line of discussion now please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Morning lads..
    Just done a rescan and see that Astra 28,2 is carrying Setanta HD.....has this gone live???
    Another question...what channels should I be getting on a full Setanta sub??
    Setanta HD??
    Setanta 1
    Setanta Ireland
    BT Sports 1 (SD & HD)
    BT Sports 2 (SD & HD)
    BT Sports //ESPN (SD & HD)
    BT Sports Europe (SD & HD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes, and all the channels you listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will we get Saturday 3pm games on Setanta in HD so ya?

That's it. But Setanta HD is just a HD version of Setanta Sports 1 (aka Premier Sports) not a separate channel.

Will Setanta HD ever broadcast on Sky? Sick of being told by their twitter feed that it is in their plans.

• Advertisement

Yep it's on the way for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dcr22B wrote: »
    Will Setanta HD ever broadcast on Sky? Sick of being told by their twitter feed that it is in their plans.

It's there with over a week.

Some confusion I think.

Setanta Sports 1 HD launched last week on Sky.

Setanta Ireland HD - we have heard no plans for this to launch on Sky.

Someone in Setanta thought it was a brilliant idea to label Setanta Sports 1 HD as "Setanta HD" on Sky. But on UPC, it is Setanta Ireland HD that is labelled "Setanta HD" (and has a DOG reading "Setanta HD". To confuse matters more it appears Setanta Sports 1 is being represented by the same Setanta HD logo in adverts now!

Confused anyone????????

As long as the Premiership @3pm is in HD i'm not too bothered! :D

icdg wrote: »
    Confused anyone????????

Only UPC subscribers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

As long as the Premiership @3pm is in HD i'm not too bothered! :D

It's called the Premier League!!!!!!!!!!

It's called the Premier League!!!!!!!!!!
    Another entry for the grammar nazi competition :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

is bt sport Europe on the sky roi epg yet? or must we wait till 1st of august

It'll be there by Saturday. Channel 414 apparently.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's there with over a week.
    Apologies

I should have been clearer, I meant Setanta Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

They are advertising all CL games. Does this mean "live"? If so, will they have a red button option on the Sky platform?

Why_oh_why wrote: »
    They are advertising all CL games. Does this mean "live"? If so, will they have a red button option on the Sky platform?

all the games will be live on the red button on sky

BT Sport Europe now added to the Irish EPG, showing a promo reel.

Got a call from them today offering Aug/Sep for 9.99, he said we'll sort something out again at the end of that......if that's ongoing can't really say no at that price

Got a call from them today offering Aug/Sep for 9.99, he said we'll sort something out again at the end of that......if that's ongoing can't really say no at that price

Works every time. Just be careful of your bill dates and ring back for the deal. You'll get it for 12.99 at worst or 9.99 if they have that deal going.

Works every time. Just be careful of your bill dates and ring back for the deal. You'll get it for 12.99 at worst or 9.99 if they have that deal going.

Will probably do the same, cancel on the net like last time...got offered 12.99 through email, I'll wait for the call if it doesn't come so be it.......must admit he was the best rep I've ever dealt with from these companies, Scottish bloke very chatty ....I almost couldn't say no :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

daily.php?start_dd=08&start_mm=08&start_yyyy=2015&end_dd=08&end_mm=08&end_yyyy=2015Bouremouth to start Setanta Coverage !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Does anyone know the new offer for august for 1 euro, assuming you can cancel at the end of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

La Liga looks like it's heading to BT.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/627403299650711552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does anyone know the new offer for august for 1 euro, assuming you can cancel at the end of the month?

Thread in BA,seems like you need to keep it for 2 months minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sky are in real trouble now. The Setanta pack is a very good deal in Ireland imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sky are in real trouble now. The Setanta pack is a very good deal in Ireland imo.

Nobody is in trouble and customers are winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tugboats wrote: »
    Nobody is in trouble and customers are winning
    Not really Bt & Sky are having bidding wars which means they up there prices. Sky now is way overpriced. BT/Setanta pack is decent value as u get alot of football (PL,Serie A,Ligue 1,Portugese League,Bundesliga,CL,EL,La Liga,League of Ireland). Sky u got (PL,MLS,Dutch League & Championship?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not really Bt & Sky are having bidding wars which means they up there prices. Sky now is way overpriced. BT/Setanta pack is decent value as u get alot of football (PL,Serie A,Ligue 1,Portugese League,Bundesliga,CL,EL,La Liga,League of Ireland). Sky u got (PL,MLS,Dutch League & Championship?

Nonsense. Play both off against each other

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

99%of people who watch all of those other leagues whether on sky are setanta will watch if there's nothing else on. They're viewing habits are not dictated by which channel shows a Portuguese mid table dead rubber game.

I do agree that if sky lose la liga there will be am impact but it's likely to be commercial rather than residential customers who do anything and even then most already have bt and sky and pubs won't switch off sky to show Spanish game late on a Sunday

Just to add prices will only go up, neither company are giving discounts.

Setanta have a special offer but it's unsustainable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

Rang Setanta besides the 1st month for a euro no mention of 9.99 or 12.99 ......21.99 a month in a 12 month contract following the euro month.
    Stuck with a Sky sports deal half price for 3 months. For a football fan BT/Setanta look a better option up to Dec. Of course that probably depends on the team you support

Rang Setanta besides the 1st month for a euro no mention of 9.99 or 12.99 ......21.99 a month in a 12 month contract following the euro month.
    Stuck with a Sky sports deal half price for 3 months. For a football fan BT/Setanta look a better option up to Dec. Of course that probably depends on the team you support

I totally agree

Here in Ireland, we get live champions league games on tv3 on tuesdays and rte2 on wednesdays

the 'sky sports 1 only' package is €21 euros per month that includes SS1 and SS5

Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

Sign up for the euro deal then just ring back to cancel.... they won't offer you 9.99 or 12.99 straight off the bat.

ftakeith wrote: »
    Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

Are you crazy? Sky Sports News is a great advert for their sports channels.

Sign up for the euro deal then just ring back to cancel.... they won't offer you 9.99 or 12.99 straight off the bat.

Better of waiting for them to contact you as I and a few others have done....don't ring to cancel it looks too much like you're looking for a deal so won't get the best.....I canceled the Jun/July deal online, the email response was they're sorry to see me go but offered 12.99 if I contact them before the time runs out.....never contacted them, low and behold a week to go I get the call for 9.99 the next 2 months

• Advertisement
Advertisement