Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Galway - Triathlon 2016

Options
  • 08-06-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Announced earlier today. From the Galway Advertiser Facebook page:
    A major international sporting event has just been announced for the City of the Tribes as ‘CHALLENGE Galway’ - the first ever long distance CHALLENGE triathlon arrives in Ireland. Around 2,200 national and international athletes will descend on Galway from 24th – 26th June 2016, promising an enormous economic injection for the entire country.

Course details on their website:

http://www.challenge-galway.eu/

So; who's taking part?:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's very ambitious, apparently they're having smaller events on Saturday for kids and people who don't think they'd survive a full tri distance and then the main event is on Sunday.

I did laugh at it being called "Challenge Galway" when it veers off into Clare for most of the cycling portion. Sorry, Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I did laugh at it being called "Challenge Galway" when it veers off into Clare for most of the cycling portion. Sorry, Clare.

And the rather prominent background image appears to be of Corkscrew Hill...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 macman9963

Hello. Iv had to cancel my entry due to injury. If anyone wants an entry to the half, please PM me

Advertisement