Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablet opinion

• 08-06-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭

Hi all

what do you think of this tablet? johnlewis.com/lenovo-miix-3-8-tablet-intel-atom-windows-8-1-microsoft-office-365-7-85-wi-fi-32gb-black/p1869623

It is €109 on Amazon right now. I just want something decent but cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Techmaster wrote: »
    Hi all

what do you think of this tablet? johnlewis.com/lenovo-miix-3-8-tablet-intel-atom-windows-8-1-microsoft-office-365-7-85-wi-fi-32gb-black/p1869623

It is €109 on Amazon right now. I just want something decent but cheap.

Doesn't have a micro HDMI out port -would that bother you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

It's only 1024x768. Other Windows tablets are 1280x800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

There's a hp tablet in currys for 99 not sure of exact model spotted it today in Limerick store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

That HP is 7''.

Overall how does the tablet look to you guys? For €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

For 100? Not bad. There's very little to choose between these small Windows tablets.
    8 inch screen is a good size, Lenovo are a good brand.

• Advertisement

The 4:3 Aspect ratio is good too I think, better size for Windows.

That HP is 7''.

Overall how does the tablet look to you guys? For €100.

For €100 there's nothing obviously wrong with it (talk about damning with faint praise :))

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Miix-3-8-Tablet-Review.141717.0.html
    It should also be mentioned that the tablet does not display any deficiencies or major drawbacks that ought to be expected for such a low price. This is an advantage in itself. Thus, with the Miix 3 8, Lenovo offers a quite good price/performance ratio for an 8-inch tablet.

I've been using a Dell Velue Pro 8 for about 18 months now as my "daily driver" tablet - the "metro" version mode of IE is much better than any browser that I had used on my Nexus android tablet, but that's probably 80% of what I use the tablet for - TuneIn as a wifi-radio around the house, the Irish Times app to check the headlines, the occassional Skype call (it's handy to be able to switch between the back and front cameras when you want to show someone the new kitchen cabinets, or how nice the garden looks with everything in bloom, etc). I don't really do much gaming - only a Sudoku app for occassional distraction, and VLC for the rare occassion when I want to watch a video. It's also used as a handy way to pass a photo around the room (just like the old days, with paper photos :)) - particularly handy when the phone uploads photos to OneDrive almost immediately in the house.

thanks!

resolution shouldn't be too big an issue should it? daily computing tasks

resolution shouldn't be too big an issue should it? daily computing tasks
    Depends on what you mean by "daily computing tasks". The text should be reasonably legible on most web pages, though some sites that are more concerned about their style than the atual content on their pages might be a bit fussy about the 768 width if you're using it in portrait mode. You will probably find any desktop apps a bit cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

I bought the MyBush Windows 32GB Tablet in Argos on the recommendation of PC-Pro magazine. I'm certainly very happy with it and I've been able to put Windows 10 on it. It's become a useful device not just something to play with every now and again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement