Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod touch query

• 08-06-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Recently took the plunge and bought a ipod touch it hasn't arrived yet but it's coming with out a charger and headphones does it have any effect using a charger or headphones that aren't genuine? Don't abuse me cause I'm probably after asking a stupid question :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I assume you're buying secondhand because there's a set of Apple earpods in the box if you buy new......http://www.apple.com/ie/ipod-touch/specs.html

The more recent iPods will not accept a charge from unapproved accessories. If you're buying a third party charger to charge it when on holidays or away from your laptop, it needs to have the 'Made for iPod' logo on the packaging.

made_for_ipod.png

You'll need a lightning to USB cable to transfer music and apps from your iTunes library.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

coylemj wrote: »
    The more recent iPods will not accept a charge from unapproved accessories. If you're buying a charger for travel for example, it needs to have the 'Made for iPod' logo on the packaging.

made_for_ipod.png

You'll get a cable with the iTouch which will take a charge from a PC or laptop. Any headphone with a standard 3.5mm jack plug with three contacts should work with an iPod.

cheers for the info buddy :)

Advertisement