Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achill 10k/ Half Marathon - Any Craic?

Options
  • 08-06-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the running scene and have just entered the Achill 10k with a few of my friends. Is there any craic to be had after the race in Achill (looking at staying in Keel) or would we be better off moving to somewhere like Westport?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Fblawns wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the running scene and have just entered the Achill 10k with a few of my friends. Is there any craic to be had after the race in Achill (looking at staying in Keel) or would we be better off moving to somewhere like Westport?

Thanks in advance!

Plenty of craic around Achill - stay in either Keel or Dooagh & you are well placed to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

The Annexe pub was great the night after I did this back in about 2009, or so.
    Only a few pubs but the buzz was great.

Westport would be a good bet too but is too far away for the HM buzz.

belcarra wrote: »
    The Annexe pub was great the night after I did this back in about 2009, or so.
    Only a few pubs but the buzz was great.

Westport would be a good bet too but is too far away for the HM buzz.

Agree with that- the Annexe will be buzzing. Love Westport too but defo too far away for HM buzz

Just saw on fb that the after party is in the Wavecrest which is in Dooagh - only. 2 miles from Keel though so staying in either place would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

The most mutli-option entry form i've ever seen, but am entered for the 1/2 now. Looking forward to this one. surfing on achill strand on sunday morning is a highlight.

Mods - any chance of updated the thread title to include date and year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fblawns

Thanks everyone! Booked in to stay in Keel, is it easy enough to get to Doonagh from Keel?
    Getting very excited now!

Fblawns wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! Booked in to stay in Keel, is it easy enough to get to Doonagh from Keel?
    Getting very excited now!

Just 2 miles & plenty of taxis on the go too :)

Advertisement