Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seal watching in Ireland.

• 08-06-2015 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I saw two Seals recently in thethe water in Skerries. Does anyone know of anywhere else in the country to spot seals hauled out on land? I'm based in Limerick so anywhere in the Mid West would be ideal. I'm in Dublin regularly too.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Shed. wrote: »
    I saw two Seals recently in thethe water in Skerries. Does anyone know of anywhere else in the country to spot seals hauled out on land? I'm based in Limerick so anywhere in the Mid West would be ideal. I'm in Dublin regularly too.
    Thanks.
    Bullock Harbour, Dalkey.
    The seals often follow the boats into the harbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Ballyvaughan harbour, north Clare ( viewing from the bird hide at the lay bye just past the village, heading towards Fanore and looking towards the Rine Point) Seen at least a dozen seals there last year one evening, some out on the rocks and others in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Shed.

Ballyvaughan harbour, north Clare ( viewing from the bird hide at the lay bye just past the village, heading towards Fanore and looking towards the Rine Point) Seen at least a dozen seals there last year one evening, some out on the rocks and others in the sea.

Brilliant thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭denismc

On the Great Blasket there are dozens hauled out every evening. They make this wonderful crying sound during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

+1 for Ballyvaughan harbour. I've kayaked around here and been followed quietly by curious seals popping their heads up through the fronds of kelp at low tide. If you're quiet and look around slowly you can get a good look at them up close. Any sudden movement and they're gone only to pop up somewhere else close by within a few seconds, still eyeing you with curiosity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement