Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics in USA

Options
  • 08-06-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi Im travelling to the US for a wedding and I'm wondering if i can use my curlers over there? i know there is a difference in the voltage over there but i never had a problem charging my phone or camera battery there so I'm not sure if it would be the same for curlers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd say there will be a problem. Curlers involve heat which usually means big power requirement so I'd expect them to be 220V only. Study the device and see if you can see any mention of the voltage.....

Good: 100-240V 50-60 Hz Will work anywhere, you just need a travel adapter

Bad: 220V (or 240V) 50 Hz will not work in the US

The voltage in the US is 110V, it's 220V here. Appliances with big power requirements are typically single voltage and won't travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You would need a travel version with a switch on it for 110/220V ... if it doesn't have that do not plug it in, it will pop :)

Advertisement