Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9

• 09-06-2015 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Just installed it. Split screen and the new Notes are excellent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Very responsive for a Beta 1. Animations are as smooth as ever in parts, Homescreen animations still get stuck at times.

And 99% of my apps still work! Only one that hasn't for me is Plex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Tempted to do this, have build downloaded since last night but not upgraded yet, heard battery is shockingly bad on it.

How do you find it on iPhone 6 plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I only have it on 6, and yep battery drain is pretty bad, but my watch was updated too & had to re-pair the apps to it so that may be the cause. Other than that is very stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

miralize wrote: »
    Very responsive for a Beta 1. Animations are as smooth as ever in parts, Homescreen animations still get stuck at times.

And 99% of my apps still work! Only one that hasn't for me is Plex.

Glad I saw this.
    Anyone else have difficulties with plex?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I wish Apple would buy this company and use their software for ios9.
    Voice recognition as it should be.:)
    http://www.wimp.com/speech-software/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I gave it a quick whirl and it runs well for a first beta, which I'm sure will improve for the public beta. Unfortunately one of my most used apps didn't run well at all, so I'm downgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

huggs2 wrote: »
    I wish Apple would buy this company and use their software for ios9.
    Voice recognition as it should be.:)
    http://www.wimp.com/speech-software/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter/

I find Siri works very well now and don't get why people criticise it so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The battery usage screen now tells you how long an app has been running on screen vs in the background. Very good for finding out which apps are abusing their access to background services. Might get users to put pressure on the likes of Facebook to fix their apps. And hopefully eliminate the misconception that everything in the App Switcher is running in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Anyone install it on their iPhone, particularly the 6 & 6+? Major battery draining issues being reported on MacRumours.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/this-battery-life.1890833/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Do ya have to be a developer to get it?

• Advertisement

For now, yes. Although next month there will be a public beta but Apple will choose who gets to play. Sign up over at http://beta.apple.com and hope for the best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

naasrd wrote: »
    Anyone install it on their iPhone, particularly the 6 & 6+? Major battery draining issues being reported on MacRumours.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/this-battery-life.1890833/

I did on 6+ and lasted few hours, i turned off all search as suggested workaround but working phone is more imp to me so reverted back.

You will need to charge 6+ at least three times a day if you are a light user.

Just to keep in mind if someone do upgrade for fun, Don't update your notes ( it will ask for prompt) as if you downgrade afterwards you will loose all notes, thankfully i didn't but forum is full of people complaining.

No, you can download an IPSW for your device and install it, that's what I did.

No, you can download an IPSW for your device and install it, that's what I did.

What do ya reckon, is it worth it?

What do ya reckon, is it worth it?

I have it on my iPad and El Capitan on MacBook and am loving it. It looks like the battery drain issue is down to huge data amounts being used in the background on 6's so I'm holding off for now from putting on my iPhone.

I have it on my iPad and El Capitan on MacBook and am loving it. It looks like the battery drain issue is down to huge data amounts being used in the background on 6's so I'm holding off for now from putting on my iPhone.

Yeah I'll give it a go on the iPad as well and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

installed last night, battery ok, no more drain than 8.3 had...
    seems a little quicker on response of my selected option or apps
    GPS went a bit mad this morning but then settled down - was running and using Strava app - so will see how it goes over the weekend.

so far happy enough - forgot to add it my 16gb iPhone 6

BrookieD wrote: »
    installed last night, battery ok, no more drain than 8.3 had...
    seems a little quicker on response of my selected option or apps
    GPS went a bit mad this morning but then settled down - was running and using Strava app - so will see how it goes over the weekend.

so far happy enough - forgot to add it my 16gb iPhone 6

What did you install it on?

What did you install it on?
    iPhone 6 using my mac book pro - itunes etc

BrookieD wrote: »
    iPhone 6 using my mac book pro - itunes etc

Thanks, think I might go a head and install it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Just a quick heads up.
    Battery on the iPad air 2 is very poor.
    I wouldn't recommending trying the beta just yet.
    Only seeing around 6 hours.

my iphone 6 just lost rake of battery and holding out today... just reverted back to 8.3 until this becomes a bit more power friendly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can anyone running the beta confirm that the forward swipe gesture is gone, replaced with Slide Over? Is there any instances in which it works without activating Slide Over?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Can anyone running the beta confirm that the forward swipe gesture is gone, replaced with Slide Over? Is there any instances in which it works without activating Slide Over?

Hello yeah the slide forward is replaced completely by slide over. So in safari if you want to swipe forward you just get slide over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Love the new switcher and the changes in the keyboard. I wish the left the swipe forward on iPhone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Happy enough with battery on iPhone 6.

10 hours standby and 2 hours 46 mins usage and I still have 40% left.

iPhone 6, 64gb

Running okay, some apps buggy. Buttons not working on Facebook, whatsapp crashing. Nothing too worrying.

Noticing the battery drain alright, turned off Bluetooth and slight improvement but looking forward to Beta 2 to say the least....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Split screen looks really nice. So very tempted now.

Is there a way to manage multiple users on iOS?

Buggy app updates. Oh Apple.

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    Is there a way to manage multiple users on iOS?

This was rumoured for iOS 9 but didn't happen. I think they're still working on it.

Advertisement