Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Buggy app updates. Oh Apple.

Why 'Oh Apple'? You know Apple don't make these apps?

I'm still on iOS8 and got those updates too and they are down to each developer/company,nothing to do with Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why 'Oh Apple'? You know Apple don't make these apps?

I'm still on iOS8 and got those updates too and they are down to each developer/company,nothing to do with Apple.

I presume he means the UPDATE_CELL_WHATS_NEW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This beta 1 of a dev beta. What do you actually expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Someone from Apple to actually skim over the Beta version for a day or two before releasing it to 100s of thousands of people? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Someone from Apple to actually skim over the Beta version for a day or two before releasing it to 100s of thousands of people? :-/
    That's a ridiculous expectation from a beta tbh. Of course there is going to be things that don't work as expected. My iphone 6 hangs for a few seconds if I use the back to x feature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Zcott wrote: »
    This was rumoured for iOS 9 but didn't happen. I think they're still working on it.

That would have been very nice. Hopefully it's on the cards anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'll never understand people who put developer betas on their main carry device. Seems like lunacy to me.

But then again if Apple make a car, what's the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

No, that's your job, that's why they released it for testing. Get busy skimming over the beta version, I want everything smoothed out before I install it.

naasrd wrote: »
    No, that's your job, that's why they released it for testing. Get busy skimming over the beta version, I want everything smoothed out before I install it.

I don't have time, texting your mam is taking long enough with this buggy OS. :pac:

I don't have time, texting your mam is taking long enough with this buggy OS. :pac:

*slow clap* I bet writiing that witty retort took a bit of time on iOS9 too huh? Seriously, the hint is in the name. iOS 9 Beta 1.

• Advertisement

mam jokes what's next? Stating Android had feature X for years, Apple are copying lol.

Just installed on my test iPad, it's really nice. slide in from the right is really nice, intelligence is pretty sweet too.

Animations are a little janky but it's a beta 1 i'm not expecting anything huge.

Biggest update to me is the two finger on the keyboard to move the caret, this is HUGE. it's super intuitive.

If the final version is anything like this then I'll be staying well away from it.

If the final version is anything like this then I'll be staying well away from it.
    If you were a developer and went through the beta process in the last several years you'll know that the final version is nothing like what the beta is (especially the first seed).

This is what Miralize is trying to tell you but you're not listening!

It will be exactly like this. Only it will be finished. This on the other had is not the finished product. If you want a stable OS, revert to iOS 8

Thanks lads :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I tell yas lads if Steve were alive iOS9 Beta 1 would've been perfect.

Apple are falling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm tempted to install this, but I may hold out for the Public Beta version. Or just wait until the actual release. When they said this update wasn't going to be like others; in the sense that it wouldn't have huge shifts I wasn't looking forward to the update as I usually would but i think there's a bunch of great aspects to it.

Also a list of some cool features here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I tell yas lads if Steve were alive iOS9 Beta 1 would've been perfect.

Apple are falling.

I know it's only beta 1 but I don't know why they have released a beta 9 when so many bugs still exist in 8.3 Apple have regressed with the last couple of versions of iOS.

I know it's only beta 1 but I don't know why they have released a beta 9 when so many bugs still exist in 8.3 Apple have regressed with the last couple of versions of iOS.

8.4 is in beta too. Software development for current platforms doesnt just stop once a new beta arrives

What sort of bugs?

I have no issue with 8.3 at all. Maybe it's bugs in the apps you use.

• Advertisement

What sort of bugs?

I have no issue with 8.3 at all. Maybe it's bugs in the apps you use.

It's not any of Apps to name but a few....

One of the most annoying bugs in iOS 8 is with safari if I have a web page open and use another app when I go back to Safari it shows me an image of a web page that I was looking at months ago it only happens for about 2 or 3 seconds but it's so annoying.

Screen lag when switching the phone on.

Music still plays when I answer a call.

Volume control icon will not remove from the screen phone must be powered on/off everytime this happens.

When copying and pasting the cursor and magnifying glass will not appear.

Phone freezes from time to time when using multitasking.

Copy and paste will not remove from the screen it takes several attempts before it removes.

Previous camera image stays on when opening up the camera App like a shadow.

Battery usage stats clear when the phone is powered off.

Most of the above happen every day on my Air 2 and iPhone 6 I have done all the usual hard resets and set up new phone etc.

I have had every edition of iPhone and used all iOS versions and I can honestly say that iOS 8 is by far the worst of all the iOS versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Any word on when the public beta will be released?

colmulhall wrote: »
    Any word on when the public beta will be released?

I think they said July in the Keynote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

It's not any of Apps to name but a few....

One of the most annoying bugs in iOS 8 is with safari if I have a web page open and use another app when I go back to Safari it shows me an image of a web page that I was looking at months ago it only happens for about 2 or 3 seconds but it's so annoying.

Screen lag when switching the phone on.

Music still plays when I answer a call.

Volume control icon will not remove from the screen phone must be powered on/off everytime this happens.

When copying and pasting the cursor and magnifying glass will not appear.

Phone freezes from time to time when using multitasking.

Copy and paste will not remove from the screen it takes several attempts before it removes.

Previous camera image stays on when opening up the camera App like a shadow.

Battery usage stats clear when the phone is powered off.

Most of the above happen every day on my Air 2 and iPhone 6 I have done all the usual hard resets and set up new phone etc.

I have had every edition of iPhone and used all iOS versions and I can honestly say that iOS 8 is by far the worst of all the iOS versions.

That sounds horrendous. I have the same hardware - iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 - and I'm not seeing any of that. I wonder if it could be something like an app clash that's causing some or all of it? It's unlikely a hardware fault if it's affecting both devices...

It's not any of Apps to name but a few..........

Very strange, as I don't have any of those issues. Using iPhone 6 and iPad Air. All working perfectly.

Very strange, as I don't have any of those issues. Using iPhone 6 and iPad Air. All working perfectly.

It is very strange all the problems relate to iOS I have usual App crashes but nothing out of normal.

And to add to the list personal Hotspot for months on end required a password every time I connected to it and it requires multiple password attempts before it would connect.

iniall wrote: »
    That sounds horrendous. I have the same hardware - iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 - and I'm not seeing any of that. I wonder if it could be something like an app clash that's causing some or all of it? It's unlikely a hardware fault if it's affecting both devices...

Yeah I know it's not hardware its iOS is the problem.

Yeah I know it's not hardware its iOS is the problem.

How can you say this?

If it was iOS that we all use then surely we'd all have the same problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

haha because it's for people to test and report all the defects. You're mad to install a beta and expect a smooth experience.

A lot of people don't even install day 1 GM until an update arrives.

• Advertisement

How can you say this?

If it was iOS that we all use then surely we'd all have the same problems?

Well I'm on my second iPhone 6 and the problems still exist what type of hardware problems would cause the problems I am experiencing? When you updated to 8.1 did you experience wi-if problems that so many users had? I for one didn't have them problems and that was down too iOS. So how can you make the above statement?

Advertisement