Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] [Event]

Options
  • 09-06-2015 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi I'm Joseph Barnacle O'Sullivan in game and I'd like to announced the confirmed details for the Eve Dublin.

It will be a fun packed day with events, drinking, and just a wee bit of craic (Irish language word for fun). Come join me and your fellow Irish Eve Players to meet, drink and win prizes!

Join the in game channel "Irish" to come chat to your fellow Irish eve players.

You can cost here, or alternatively send me an eve mail or tweet @JosephBarnacle for any questions you may have! Please register using the link below so that I can get an estimation on numbers attending.
    Date: Saturday September 5th

Start Time: 4pm - Till Closing

I have the upstairs area booked which can fit up to 40 people.

Very techie/nerd friendly (Google, Ubuntu, TCD Compsci parties etc.)

Great pub food: Burgers, large platters of glorious fried foods.

Excellent smoking area outside that's covered, heated and has several pool tables.

Cool features: A large stone fireplace of the head and mouth of the Norse god Odin and an awesome tree staircase.

In Game Channel: "Eve Dublin"

Twitter: @JosephBarnacle #Eve_Dublin

Timetable:
    4pm - Meet & Greet.
    5pm - Eve Lore Quiz.
    7pm - Eve Poker Tournament.
    9:30pm - Guinness "race" to the bottom. Quickest downing of a pint of the black stuff.

Spot Prizes:
    Best Eve related cosplay or personal corp/alliance attire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Interesting... I might happen along if I can get down to the big smoke on the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephBarnacle

R0ot wrote: »
    Interesting... I might happen along if I can get down to the big smoke on the date.

Cool, the more the merrier! Getting a good interest so far, have 7 people registered after only 3 days of the post being up, and more than 2 months of advertising to go!

New in game channel made "Eve Dublin"`for event info. 16 people registered to come now and sponsorship being arranged for prizes etc, more details to come later.

Update: 23 people signed up so far. Many people coming from around Ireland and some from UK included in that bunch. CCP being helpful with retweets for advertisement.

Update: 26 people signed up so far and new reddit post up with good responses
    Please fill out the registration form if you are interested in coming! It won't let me post the google doc link because I am a new user, so I'll post it later once I've met whatever criteria there is to not be new.

• Advertisement

Salivating over tons of evebet isk codes courtesy of BamStroker. Everyone who attends #Eve_Dublin will get one!

Eve Dublin player meet is on Saturday 5th September in the Long Stone Pub in Dublin. We have over 40 people signed up so far and hoping to get over 50 on the day! You should sign up and come along, we have people coming from Belgium, England, Scotland, Australia, and all over Ireland.

We'll be starting from 4pm and there'll be a poker tournament and eve lore quiz with plenty of prizes to give out!

EveBet are sponsoring the event with EveBet ISK codes (for everyone who attends), PLEX, and some Faction BS as prizes.

CCP are sending some swag over so I'll have some fancy stuff to give out hopefully!

Join the in game channel "Eve Dublin" for more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Relevant threads merged, duplicates deleted. Try to keep it in one thread, we don't want the forum to be full of the same post. This is your warning, behaviour of that kind may result in further action being taken against your account.

Best of luck with the event though!

Ivan wrote: »
    Relevant threads merged, duplicates deleted. Try to keep it in one thread, we don't want the forum to be full of the same post. This is your warning, behaviour of that kind may result in further action being taken against your account.

Best of luck with the event though!

This is why boards is a cesspit. ****ty moderators deleting "duplicate" threads that are weeks apart with new information and updates in them.

Every other forum & site I've posed it to allows multiple threads, not sure I expected anything different here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm genuinely sorry that you feel that way, however I found the only new information between 6 posts was merged into this thread. Posting new information within this thread bumps it to the top of forum. Posting the same or similar information across 6 separate threads only serves to annoy, confound and otherwise serve little function.

I appreciate that your event is something you are very passionate about, but please consider that boards is something that we are very passionate about. In saying that, we will certainly take your feedback and criticisms onboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Gets free advertising for an event via boards which is normally against the T&Cs

Calls Boards a cesspit.

Nice.

Advertisement