Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I having for Dinner

Options
  • 09-06-2015 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So i have decided to let ye the people of boards decide what i'm having for dinner this wednesday...

Ideally it'll be something that i can cook in
    a-slow cooker
    b-in less than 45 minutes

Also would love it has lentils, but thats not a major thing, just trying to try something different...

Lets be having the idea's

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

a-slow cooker

These are mutually exclusive. A slow cooker is slow - it requires at least 4 hours to cook, and 8+ hours is common.

There's a comprehensive thread of tried and tested slow cooker recipes here. The Cooking Club also has around 200 recipes for your choosing.

In 45 minutes, you could have a red lentil dahl ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, I think he wants either/or.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

You could do a nice lentil curry using both approahes.

Cook your lentils in the slow cooker, have them ready when you come home.

When you get home, use the 45 mins to chop some fresh coriander, mint(?) or whatever other herbs you like. Lash some Garam Masala powder (or dry fry cumin, coriander, fenugreek seeds. Crush in a mortar and pestle), ginger, turmeric etc.

Chop some tomatoes (or use passata or tinned tomatoes) and lash that in with some chopped veg (courgette, onion, garlic, whatever takes your fancy, lightly fried for a few minutes). Can add some meat as well, but not necessary with the lentils.

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've been eyeballing these red lentil kofta

http://mediterrasian.com/delicious_recipes_red_lentil_kofta.htm

but the lentils need a 2 hour soak. If you could lash them in some water while you go about your day you could make the kofta themselves pretty quickly

Or dahl, dahl is always delicious and isn't very time consuming to make

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73473365

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

So i have decided to let ye the people of boards decide what i'm having for dinner this wednesday...

a-slow cooker

Also would love it has lentils, but thats not a major thing, just trying to try something different...

Lets be having the idea's

If you are thinking of eating out, click on the link below. It makes interesting reading!!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/restaurants-were-ordered-close-last-month-favourite-one-112939578--finance.html#0X6TOS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Luckily the OP is cooking for himself, eh?

Let's keep it on-topic thanks. :)

tHB

Advertisement