Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casio Slide Clasp

• 09-06-2015 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭

Hey chaps, probably very simple one but I was adjusting the length of the strap on a Casio watch (LA-680WA) and I foolishly managed to bend the bar on the clasp. It doesn't clip on to the other end of the clasp anymore either :(

OGUKajI.png
    Bent out of shape at the red circle

I'm just wondering if it's a simple fix in a jewelers/watch repair place with or a case of them bending the bar back into shape and if so will it affect the bar? Or can the bar be replaced? Or the whole clasp replaced?

I can't find a simple replacement part online and I'd probably f it up i I try to fix it anymore myself so any suggestions on where to bring it to get it repaired/replaced? Should be simple and cheap enough right!?

And while I'm at it, here's the old watch I was using (Which the broken one above replaced!) broken in the bit where the pin goes...

RwsAwNG.png

Is it is dead or can it be fixed? Chances are it would just be easier to buy a new one but since I'm posting about the bar I thought I'd throw it in... Also I can't just swap the clasps since the straps are different widths.

Thx!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The second pic looks pretty fatal Al. :s:( If it was a very expensive watch or a family heirloom with sentimental value and it's stainless steel then it can be fixed but that kinda work is not cheap at all.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yep, I figured as much! Not a big deal it was only cheapy watch but they do the job and they're nice and simple.

I found a thread with a bunch of watch repair places I guess I'll head into one of them and see what they say :pac:

Advertisement