Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox game bought in Ireland, console bought in Dubai

Options
  • 09-06-2015 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I recently bought an Xbox one console in Dubai, UAE. Unfortunately GTA V is banned in the country and hard copies are not available for purchase. I did consider downloading it but I can't be 100% sure this will work as my location on the Xbox is UAE and they may have banned digital copies.

Therefore I plan on buying a hard copy of the game next time I am back in Ireland. Will there be any issue playing a game bought in Ireland on a console bought in the UAE?

Thanks

Comments

joeyhh wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I recently bought an Xbox one console in Dubai, UAE. Unfortunately GTA V is banned in the country and hard copies are not available for purchase. I did consider downloading it but I can't be 100% sure this will work as my location on the Xbox is UAE and they may have banned digital copies.

Therefore I plan on buying a hard copy of the game next time I am back in Ireland. Will there be any issue playing a game bought in Ireland on a console bought in the UAE?

Thanks

Xbox one games are all region free with the exception of Chinese one I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Xbox one games are all region free with the exception of Chinese one I believe.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joeyhh

Thanks for the responses.

Looks like I'll pick it up next time I'm home then.

Advertisement