Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene boiler cuts out when door is closed?

Options
  • 09-06-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, my outdoor Firebird/Riello boiler only runs constantly when the door is slightly open (see photo).

If I close it, it keeps stopping/starting and there is a strong smell of unburnt fuel outside - so it seems it doesn't get enough air with the door closed.

All vents are clear and unobstructed - why would the cabinet be designed in a way that doesn't allow enough air to the boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

SnippyDog wrote: »
    Hi, my outdoor Firebird/Riello boiler only runs constantly when the door is slightly open (see photo).

If I close it, it keeps stopping/starting and there is a strong smell of unburnt fuel outside - so it seems it doesn't get enough air with the door closed.

All vents are clear and unobstructed - why would the cabinet be designed in a way that doesn't allow enough air to the boiler?

The boiler is sucking in flue gases.
    There are seals gone somewhere on boiler.
    You need someone to look at the boiler and sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

SnippyDog wrote: »

The cabinet as you call it is designed to leave in plenty of excess air.The problem is there is flue gases leaking from the boiler and mixing with the fresh air feeding the burner.The cause of this is the flame is burning incorrectly and one of the boiler gaskets is faulty.
    a/the burner flame is not burning correctly.this is why you are getting the smell of unburnt fuel.
    your boiler needs to be serviced to mi and set up with a flue gas analyser.
    b/all gaskets in your boiler need to be checked and replaced if necessary and checked for leakage with a flue gas analyser

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SnippyDog

Thanks all, will get it checked out.

Advertisement