Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securetext

Options
  • 09-06-2015 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone PM me with the HKC message centre no. and how to to change it in the engineer menu please?

The panel is a SW812.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Did you sign up for the service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Did you sign up for the service ?

Not yet but will be. Changed my mind about getting the GSM dialler.

Hi,

Can someone PM me with the HKC message centre no. and how to to change it in the engineer menu please?

The panel is a SW812.

Thanks

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Anybody?
    it 014297100. it work off your caller id so you need to register your landline phone number.

stuartkee wrote: »
    it 014297100. it work off your caller id so you need to register your landline phone number.

Thanks Stuart. Appreciate that. Is it easy to find on the engineer menu where to key it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Thanks Stuart. Appreciate that. Is it easy to find on the engineer menu where to key it in?

depending on your panel its the sms server no.

stuartkee wrote: »
    depending on your panel its the sms server no.

It's the SW8/12.

Just realised when u sign up they give you a diagram and instructions on how to change the message centre no.

I'm wondering if you just changed the message centre no. to HKC's would it work without needing to sign up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

ha ha doubt it but I suppose you could give it a blast and see what happens

• Advertisement

ha ha doubt it but I suppose you could give it a blast and see what happens

I thought of it after I signed up!! I tested it and it worked, although txt took 4 mins to come through after alarm activation. On the Eircom SMS centre it was quicker.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats not great timing if its going to be the norm. Although that's the downside of SMS you never know. Voice or email is much quicker in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I thought of it after I signed up!! I tested it and it worked, although txt took 4 mins to come through after alarm activation. On the Eircom SMS centre it was quicker.

The average domestic burglary takes 90 seconds. For anyone reading this, folks, if you currently have your alarm texting you when it activates, your best option is to get onto your installer and get the thing professionally monitored by one of the 20 odd monitoring stations in this country.

The op doesn't seem to have a voice dialler so in fairness this securetext service is less than 1 euro per week and is a reasonable fix which saves him spending a large lump of cash on replacing equipment.
    If the thing is few minutes slower then that's hardly going to make any difference is it?
    And by the way the monitoring companies can take a few minutes to ring you as well and as for the cops arriving to check it out well don't hold your breath!.

The op doesn't seem to have a voice dialler so in fairness this securetext service is less than 1 euro per week and is a reasonable fix which saves him spending a large lump of cash on replacing equipment.
    If the thing is few minutes slower then that's hardly going to make any difference is it?
    And by the way the monitoring companies can take a few minutes to ring you as well and as for the cops arriving to check it out well don't hold your breath!.

This is all true. To be fair, we all know if someone wants to break into you house they will and no speed of being alerted will stop this. It's more to be alerted in my case as family live nearby and can be on the scene sooner. Also, to stop false alarms as different zones would be going off i.e. PIR sensors and shock/inertia sensors. It is costing 11 cent a day to be notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Well all of my monitored clients are very satisfied with the Garda response time in the event of them either pressing a Panic Button or in the event of a verified activation.
    But sur if you think that a text to a mobile phone is better, let you carry on with that belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Gardai monitoring all the way especially as it's fairly inexpensive these days.

kub wrote: »
    But sur if you think that a text to a mobile phone is better, let you carry on with that belief.
    I never said that did I kub?

Advertisement