Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panda Power Electricity

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

i renewed my contract with bord gais energy in december, would i have to pay cancellation fee if i want to switch providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

For me energa show as the cheapest on bonkers.ie . Anything I should know before I sign up via bonkers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

4real wrote: »
    i renewed my contract with bord gais energy in december, would i have to pay cancellation fee if i want to switch providers?

Yep, very possibly the outstanding balance of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just a word of warning... According to bonkers.ie i would have saved €100 a year by going to energia instead of Bord Gas... But that's not including the €120 cash back I got with BG so be wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

To be fair to bonkers, they state comparisons don't include cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

When people change providers every year is there any issue getting the discount if you were with that provider before? I was thinking of going with Airtricity as the €120 cash back makes it the best overall for the 12 months, however i read the T&C and it said it wasn't available to 'returning customers', and i was with them a little over a year ago. Without the cash back the plan isn't great and there is better out there. Is it only percentage discounts of the the price per kW you are able to chop and change providers for, but things like cashback is a one time thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Before you change provider for a better deal, i would recommend you ask your current provider to match the best 'new customer' offer you find. Could save you the hassle of moving. Energia and Bird Gais have done this for me over the years.

Edit: And I always ask them to include the new customer cashback as well. Forgot that the first year I stayed with the same provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

cronos wrote: »
    For me energa show as the cheapest on bonkers.ie . Anything I should know before I sign up via bonkers?

I was with airtricity previously and I used to get one bill for both gas and electricity. When I moved to energia it became to seperate bills which I find really annoying as I'm in a house share

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bubbletea

Panda power must difficult crowd to get in touch with.
    Errors with my meter reading and insisted on taking monies from my direct debit which I had contacted them bout.
    Refuse point blank to make contact or return calls when there’s a problem.
    Also incorrect unit prices on their site.

DO NOT SWITCH TO PANDA POWER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bubbletea wrote: »
    Panda power must difficult crowd to get in touch with.
    Errors with my meter reading and insisted on taking monies from my direct debit which I had contacted them bout.
    Refuse point blank to make contact or return calls when there’s a problem.
    Also incorrect unit prices on their site.

DO NOT SWITCH TO PANDA POWER.
    Raise a complaint with the energy regulator.
    That's what they are there for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement