Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Coca's AC Kilcock 5K race Friday 26/06/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Looks like it will be a nice evening for this!

Can someone tell me how early I would need to arrive when registering in person ahead of race?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Looks like it will be a nice evening for this!

Can someone tell me how early I would need to arrive when registering in person ahead of race?

Shouldn't have too much hassle. Given the fine weather they're expecting a big turn out so give an extra 10mins just in case. Registration is across the road from the start line and car park. Give yourself time for the warm up, There is a track there so ideal prep.

Shouldn't have too much hassle. Given the fine weather they're expecting a big turn out so give an extra 10mins just in case. Registration is across the road from the start line and car park. Give yourself time for the warm up, There is a track there so ideal prep.

Great, thanks for the advice!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Going to head down to this. What time is registration open until?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Going to head down to this. What time is registration open until?

Don't see an official cut off time so I'd say up until just before start time but wouldn't leave it to chance. Open from 6pm

• Advertisement

Don't see an official cut off time so I'd say up until just before start time but wouldn't leave it to chance. Open from 6pm

Just been down at registration and it will close at 7:50.

That was a great race! :D

The parking was well marshalled, registration was painless and the course was excellent.

Only change I would have made was some signs directing drivers to the athletics club from the M4 exit.

The guy standing at the 800 metres remaining mark was much appreciated, knowing the current clock time was an extra incentive to push on for the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Jayd0g wrote: »
    That was a great race! :D

The parking was well marshalled, registration was painless and the course was excellent.

Only change I would have made was some signs directing drivers to the athletics club from the M4 exit.

The guy standing at the 800 metres remaining mark was much appreciated, knowing the current clock time was an extra incentive to push on for the finish.

There were signs.

Great race. Lots of long downhill sections.

corny wrote: »
    There were signs.

Great race. Lots of long downhill sections.

I must have missed them in the gorgeous sunshine! :)

Don't know how but I got a 12sec PB tonight ☺. Was in bits from halfway with a stitch (went out waaaay too fast). Considering I've missed nearly 4 weeks to injury and only did 3 very slow runs this week not too shabby.
    Seemed to be a bigger crowd this year which added to the buzz at the start. False start was due to some kids in the line of fire at the start on the footpath where a good few runners were going to start but great night overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great race yesterday, really well organised from start to finish. Registration quick and easy. Nice course as well. Will definitely be back.

Advertisement