Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping a subject in the middle of LC

• 09-06-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Can I drop a subject,I sat the spanish oral but I don't want to do the exam,Mainly because I don't need it and I have chemistry in the afternoon,I find it really hard to stay concentrated for the whole day.I need a C3 in chemistry swell so need all the study I can get.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuckleyCX

Would you consider taking the ordinary level paper instead? I'm not sure what you want to do in college, but a third language is a useful subject to have as it is an entry requirement for many courses in NUI colleges.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Even if you drop it, your grade will appear. I think the oral is worth 25% so the highest grade you could get is an E, if you got full marks on the oral. It will appear on your cert with a star beside it, indicating the written element of the exam was missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Why not just go to the exam, spend like 50min., do enough just to pass, and then leave so you can study for Chemistry? You learned the subject all year, there's no point in just not coming into the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    Why not just go to the exam, spend like 50min., do enough just to pass, and then leave so you can study for Chemistry? You learned the subject all year, there's no point in just not coming into the exam.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would take the pass paper or foundation paper. Do an hour and then leave. You never know you may need it sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

Don't think there is a foundation paper,Don't need it for next year.I was doing it as an extra subject outside school,Have not really put a lot of effort into it,Its a pity I can't drop it.Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

BuckleyCX wrote: »
    ... but a third language is a useful subject to have as it is an entry requirement for many courses in NUI colleges.
    Important unless you're already doing French or another language as well.

Advertisement