Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Irish Paper 2 - Higher Level - June 9th***

Options
  • 09-06-2015 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

How'd it go for everyone?

Thought it was a lovely exam myself, Cáca Milis & Colscaradh as predicted ;)

Honestly I wasn't planning on counting Irish but it seems to have gone really well overall, so might scrape a B! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

What was the question on an Lasair Choille?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Maidhhc was a bit specific, unfortunately. All the incidents I had learned off I couldn't use.

But the rest was grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Poor Ordinary Level got the same prose as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

I didn't even understand what the Lasair choille question meant..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Paper was grand apart from the Maidhc question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Paper was grand apart from the Maidhc question.

What was the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I thought the paper was was lovely. I didn't think the Maidbc Dainín question was too bad. The comprehensions were fine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Reading comprehension deemed really easy compared to previous years.

Pros and poetry was nice.

An Triail was okay, didn't expect another character question. Quite annoyed with myself as I had notes on the brothers written out, but I decided not to learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

ba_barabus wrote: »
    What was the question?

Music and football being his favourite hobbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

The grammar question for the Youth group thing was difficult I thought but apart from that the comprehensions were lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

My daughter thought it was grand paper but was surprised to see Colmain on the paper her teacher had said he wouldn't come up because of the controversy !!! Was anyone else told this?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

nickys wrote: »
    My daughter thought it was grand paper but was surprised to see Colmain on the paper her teacher had said he wouldn't come up because of the controversy !!! Was anyone else told this?

i completely disregarded it as he is on the course. If that was a problem it wouldnt have been put on in the first place.

- first reading was incredibly easy
    - second was harder, had to take alot of it and change words but for those with basic understanding of verbs easy, grammar question got me now. present tense verb i was looking for it for a while tbh, the genre question i forgot to study so just said piosa tuairsciuil which i think means something :D
    - poetry + prose + extra poetry: predicted came up in all sections which amazed me and questions were incredibly easy.

Overall p1 and p2 was the easiest i think possible for us and am very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Is píosa dean cur sìos, I said that for the 2nd one saying its a descriptive piece, will I get marks for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

a beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

Hey I did Irish paper two using a laptop today without putting in any fadas thinking that I'd get time to stick them in at the end....but I didn't .So basically my entire Irish exam is without fadas .Does anyone know if I'll be penalised much for this ?or am I just fecked ?jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nickys wrote: »
    If a piece of literature is on the syllabus, it can come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Hey I did Irish paper two using a laptop today without putting in any fadas thinking that I'd get time to stick them in at the end....but I didn't .So basically my entire Irish exam is without fadas .Does anyone know if I'll be penalised much for this ?or am I just fecked ?jaysus

it will hit pretty hard imo, then again there is only a certain amount going for grammar in each section so as long as irish is good youll be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

RoRo979 wrote: »
    it will hit pretty hard imo, then again there is only a certain amount going for grammar in each section so as long as irish is good youll be ok :D

I doubt it would hit hard at all to be honest. If his/her Irish is decent overall they will probably realise it's because he was typing. I can't imagine it having a fundamental impact on overall grade . Don't worry about it lad/lady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

Higher Level was a beaut of a paper.
    So straight forward, and as predicted.
    Comprehensions didn't pose any major problems, even the grammar questions were obvious.
    Couldn't fault it.

Advertisement