Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for work permit at port of entry (airport)

Options
  • 09-06-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have received a nomination from the BC PNP (successful) so the next step is applying for PR to the CIC and a work permit while I wait for the PR to come through (about 18 months).

I am still outside Canada and have a question about the work permit:
    If you apply at the port of entry is it instant? If you apply by mail it seems to take about 2 months, however I know I am eligible to apply at POE. No where on the immigration website of Canada does it say how long the application takes when done at POE.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You will get it straight away at the POE. Just make sure to have all the supporting documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Awesome, that is what I was hoping!

My wife will not be applying for a work permit but will be travelling with me. Do you know how that will work at the POE? What will her status be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Ah, looks like we have to apply for a TRV at the POE as well. Good stuff :)

Thanks again!

Advertisement