Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic tank issues, house for auction, Bullaun

Options
  • 09-06-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi folks looking into this for a friend and wondering what the situation is?

Heard wind there were issues with the septic tank, wondering how to find out if a new tank is required?

Seems to be no information available from any source around the auction of the house.

Any ideas or advice?

Would this information have to be made available before the auction? Not clear on the procedure.

thanks.....or tanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wouldn't there be info provided by a house surveyor? I find it kinda hard to think they expect people offering money on a house with no such info provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

No, its caveat emptor. The auctioneer or vendor is under no obligation to provide a survey. It is up to the bidder to satisfy themselves regarding structural issues, septic tanks, title etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

And septic tank issues can be big. Watch out for if you want to extend and made put in new unit but cant because of site size and hence cant extend. Catch 22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

You would be best off factoring in the cost of a replacement tank, I had mine replaced a couple of years ago total cost was 2,400 euro. Not saying that is what it will cost but just giving you an idea.

Advertisement