Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strand v clarion gym

• 09-06-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just looking intop joinging one of these and was wondering which ye would recommend as I've never been to either and wonder which would be my best bet. Choice in between these 2 as they nice and close and I don't have a car!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'm a member in The Strand! It's not a bad place, but it's not great! I think the gym is small compared to the number of members they have, which means it gets very busy in the evenings! They also have a limited amount of equipment, especially weights (1 Olympic bar, 2 benches)

The pool and sauna area is recently done up and it's very nice alright, I'd say nicer then any other around!

I can't say what the gym in the Clarion is like or how busy it is, but I would rank the pool area of the strand much higher then the clarion! That being said its atleast 2 years since I was there so things might have changed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Send the Strand gym a message about any summer short term offers said 175 for 3 months seems abit dear to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The Clarion is teeny-tiny. The pool is a joke. The Strand has a lovely pool but like Skuxx says it can get very busy in the gym and its actually not that big.

I am a member in The Strand and like it a lot but i go early in the mornings to avoid the post 5pm madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

Call both of them in advance and they'll give u a free pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

bigpink wrote: »
    Send the Strand gym a message about any summer short term offers said 175 for 3 months seems abit dear to me

Send them an email for attention of Kelly, she's the memberships manager, almost certainly she'll give you 3 months for €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Have been a member in both gyms. Stay away from the clarion, it is super small. The swimming pool would make you laugh. The strand has the best swimming section out of any gym I have been in around Limerick but the gym itself is tiny as others have said. I am a member of the maldron now, has a nice swimming area and the gym itself is fine, never seems to get too busy.

Advertisement