Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Biology - All levels - June 9th***

• 09-06-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Still amazed at how I finished Biology in 80 minutes

Edit:

Could eveyone state their level when discussing their paper? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Still amazed at how I finished Biology in 80 minutes

I think Biology is the only exam that most people actually finish on time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Nim wrote: »
    I think Biology is the only exam that most people actually finish on time :p

Seems like it is. Though I done ordinary level which helped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bartekm1996

It certainly want the easiest paper. Experiment and short questing were simple but the long question will let me down

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't think there will be enough demand for two threads so could everyone state their level when discussing the exam?
    Seems like it is. Though I done ordinary level which helped :D

Okay, HL might not finish it in 80 mins but it's still quite a handy subject for timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

I found the HL short Qs challenging. Experiments were very predictable though and the long Qs were ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Were the expirinents laid out differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Well there goes my chances of getting the points I need :)
    I thought it was so bad!

(HL)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

HIGHER LEVEL
    Worst exam so far! Found it really difficult the question for both short and Long aswell as experiments were quiet difficult not hoping for much now!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

Higher Level:

I don't even know how I went wrong in Biology, there were just so many different chapters which I didn't know in detail, I knew it was over for me as soon as I started progressing through short questions, I felt as if the short q's were totally different from the ones I did in the previous years. The experiments were decent. I did all long questions as I was beyond desperate. Feels like everything I studied went to the trash (and I studied my ass off).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Tet2015 wrote: »
    Higher Level:

I don't even know how I went wrong in Biology, there were just so many different chapters which I didn't know in detail, I knew it was over for me as soon as I started progressing through short questions, I felt as if the short q's were totally different from the ones I did in the previous years. The experiments were decent. I did all long questions as I was beyond desperate. Feels like everything I studied went to the trash (and I studied my ass off).

I'm the exact same ; studied for months put so much work in for biology but it just never sticks and I feel like none of the questions asked were what I studied they were so difficult :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Higher Level:

My answer to probably like 8 questions was - protein. Very tough exam, any chances of getting an A were out the window in the first minute. Hoping for a B now, even that might not be possible. The third experiment was pretty nice, and the ecology long question was fairly straighforward.

Did all of the questions, then looked over them, left last with like 10min. left.. Up there with French as handiest exam in terms of timing, you never have to worry about rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Pretty sure I failed.

My worst exam by far :( Studied so so much for it and it has all gone to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

Probably one of the worst biology papers I've ever done. I've been an A student and haven't got less than 81% yet (mock). I've a feeling this could be the first. I was counting on it for an A1. I did all the questions I was that desperate. What is even worse is that all the people in my class who get 60s and even fail said that they thought it went well. Fml

Ps higher level

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sushua

Higher Level
    Thought it was okay at the start but just got worse and worse :( could only answer 3.5 of the long Q's so thats already 30 marks gone! Praying I get at least a C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Such an oddly phrased exam
    Went well however
    (HL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Agreed at the start I thought this would be absolutely terrible with the questions but once you moved on it was grand, though short questions were tricky I think (hl)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

(hl) Really disappointed with that. I don't know if it was the exam or the fact that I spent the whole of last night revising for Irish and not biology. I feel like I guessed/half-answered so many things that it's going to seem to the examiner that I barely revised.

Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 18 R2015

HL
    What did anyone else put down for the concentration question?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

Supposed to be my best subject but that was definitely the hardest paper yet :'(

I'd say that genetics Q where male and female were reversed probably tripped up a few who didn't read the question :/

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Hard paper, was hoping for some more human Biology (HL). Reckon I'll get a C3/C2 out of it.

• Advertisement

R2015 wrote: »
    HL

0.3% I think. That was so confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ladyystardust

Studied so hard for biology :( thought it was so hard!! Really wanted endocrine,excretion,nutrition,homeostasis,lymph,heart,blood and more genetics!!! Hardly anything!! Left feeling ****e

HL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

HL

yeah, I think it was 0.3% too. It was where the black line at zero went through the graph, I think it was C, so around 0.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 18 R2015

bmea wrote: »
    0.3% I think. That was so confusing

I wrote 0.32% so hopefully we are both with in the range.. I presume you just dropped a line from C?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shanmcg97

Thought I was going to cry half way through that exam (HL) put a lot of time into biology, needed an A and Id say I've struggled to get a C really dissapointing exam. Defo my hardest exam

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

HL

It was a tricky enough exam! A lot of very unfamiliar terms were used that I couldn't wrap my head around :(( Hopefully the marking scheme might be a lot more lenient as many are finding it difficult too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sushua

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was a more challenging exam than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

I hope nobody found that paper easy because wow it was difficult. I've spent day after day studying biology and actually took an interest in it which I haven't with any subject before.
    People coming out were saying it was grand but I don't know, they may just be looking for just a pass. So much info gone down the drain.

I wrote 0.32% so hopefully we are both with in the range.. I presume you just dropped a line from C?

ya exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    yeah, I think it was 0.3% too. It was where the black line at zero went through the graph, I think it was C, so around 0.3%

Damn it I wrote 99.7% because I took .3 from 100%.

Advertisement