Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Biology - All levels - June 9th***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Bah_Humbug wrote:
    I'd say that genetics Q where male and female were reversed probably tripped up a few who didn't read the question :/

Oh no...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    Supposed to be my best subject but that was definitely the hardest paper yet :'(

I'd say that genetics Q where male and female were reversed probably tripped up a few who didn't read the question :/

SH*T!

The worst part was I accidentally thought male was XX at the start, so had all the answers right and then changed them...

That actually makes a lot of sense, I seemed to have more than 1 choice available when answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BM5000

As this is my first post on Boards.ie I wish to express my gratitude to the owners of this fine forum for providing such an excellent resource to practice my procrastination skills. Secondly can we all agree that biology 2015 was a very challenging paper with a broad range of topics covered and an in depth knowledge assumed by the examiner across all aspects of the paper especially in the short questions that were at times fit for a position in the middle of a tough long question. You will be hearing more from me in the future but I do not agree with emotive post exam complaints as I agree this can lead to a hardened case of paralysis by analysis. #BlingMaster5000

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kellyerica97

Does anyone know if answers will be available soon? Is anyone going to do out the paper? Like with maths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

for the gentics question on the birds i wrote my answers based on the male being XX and female being XY however i was very unsure because the question was so badly phrased so i wrote underneath how i didnt understand which way the question was looking for the answers and said that if it was female XX and male XY then these would be the answers in brackets. Bascially i wrote out a conifident well presented answer and afterwards i wrote out the answer again incase I misphrased the question. Will i get docked marks or will i get any marks at all ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

How the hell do you differente between different virus types?!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

Also, what are meninges? And how many layers? I left those parts blank :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Fiona G wrote: »
    How the hell do you differente between different virus types?!

Is it their different shapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bartekm1996

Exams like this should eventually get rid of lazy teachers who don't cover topics in detail. Hoping for a C (Hl)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

For the genetics question, diagram c was the answer to question 2, 4 and 6 yes? And D was X-gl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 lcstudent1234

My teacher said very little marks (1 or 2) will go to qs like naming a virus that effects plants, piloerection, vasoconstriction, because he shouldn't ask them.
    Tricky exam would've liked an A but felt like a B... Considering I'm not the only saying that someone has to get the As so I'm hopeful
    Also think it's silly I got away with no human or plant biology bar q6, but in greatful for it
    HL

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Peg14 wrote:
    Is it their different shapes?

Oh god was it really that obvious? I wrote some convoluted thing about DNA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I just had a look at the HL paper online. God you guys are so unlucky. That looked absolutely awful and insanely difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lcstudent1234

For the genetics question, diagram c was the answer to question 2, 4 and 6 yes? And D was X-gl?

D could be X-gl or Y-gl no? I got the same for 2,4,6 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Noire wrote: »
    Also, what are meninges? And how many layers? I left those parts blank :(

3 layers, and it's a membrane for protection. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dairenichat

Is it true the original paper was leaked and we were all given the back up one? This could most likely be pure rumors but interesting none the less.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dianabluex

higher level
    loved it thank my predictions were right for the experiment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Felt awful during that exam like what was that paper..Im hoping that I got a C in that because
    I can honestly say it was horrible..what even was Q6?! :O I checked after and its not mentioned
    in my book anywhere :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AliyaS

Can anyone remember what they wrote for Gas X and Gas Y??

AliyaS wrote: »
    CO2 and 02

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 AliyaS

Peg14 wrote: »
    CO2 and 02

CO2 for X or Y?

CO2 for X or Y?

X

• Registered Users Posts: 14 2345

Gas x: CO2
    Gas Y : Water Vapour

2345 wrote: »
    Gas x: CO2
    Gas Y : Water Vapour

i said the compound was H20 though yeah don't think I'm right. Didn't look over respiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yeti123

Where is the paper online westernfrenzy?

Peg14 wrote: »
    CO2 and 02

You sure it was oxygen because it was respiration so 0xygen has to be sued up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yeti123 wrote: »
    Where is the paper online westernfrenzy?

examinations.ie

HL
    OL

two functions of large intenstine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is it true the original paper was leaked and we were all given the back up one? This could most likely be pure rumors but interesting none the less.......
    Very unlikely, usual urban myth. It's always a popular one to start when a paper is difficult / surprises people / doesn't follow expectations. Someone inevitably says "oh, I wonder if that was actually the back-up one?" and suddenly it's going round like Chinese whispers.

If there had been a leak, it would be likely to have caused much more furore and be in the public domain (speaking as someone who was on duty for the Night of the Long Knives Englishgate a few years ago when P2 was actually given out instead of Paper 1 in one centre).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Helpmeout123

What was Piloerection about ????

Advertisement