Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wha? In the ALDI voucher thread? Agh heeeree leave ih ou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wha? In the ALDI voucher thread? Agh heeeree leave ih ou

Yeah it's not exactly the right place, but in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?!

:) people click in thinking they've announced a new voucher for the weekend and they see a thread about slow cookers ! Just sayin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Yeah it's not exactly the right place, but in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?!

It does as there is a dedicated slow cooker thread in this forum on the first few pages!!!

Here it is if you don't want to search for it yourself:

Linky

There was me thinking there was a voucher in one of the papers in the next few days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

unkel wrote: »
    It does as there is a dedicated slow cooker thread in this forum on the first few pages!!!

Linky

There was me thinking there was a voucher in one of the papers in the next few days :(

I have no interest in the slow cooker thread! I didn't ask the question! I just thought it's a lot easier to answer a very simple question, than debate whether it's in the right thread or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Not trying to take thread off topic, cheers whiplashy, exactly the advice I needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

The Sunday Indo keeps choppin' and changing between LIDL and ALDI vouchers every other week, doesn;t seem to be any rythym or consistency to it, it possibly just goes to the highest bidder?! Learnt this the hard way a couple of weeks back by trying to redeem a LIDL voucher in ALDI, on autopilot! Luckily, I live near both so it's of little concern which to shop in, but it could prove a PITA for some!

:) people click in thinking they've announced a new voucher for the weekend and they see a thread about slow cookers ! Just sayin'
    unkel wrote: »

Linky

If it soothes your pain guys, I was thinking of using my voucher to acquire a slow cooker for €8.

Jeez.

Confirmed No Vouchers this weekend:(:(

Twit

"Hi there are no vouchers in the paper this weekend."

Step up now Lidl, don't let us down !!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Twit

Most optimistic possibility is they're just taking a break for a week to judge the impact on sales.

With no visible end in sight to Dunnes's campaign though, I'd say Aldi vouchers will be back soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Had I known that I would have bought 2 Suns last Saturday and use the 2nd voucher next Sunday. Too late now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Quackster wrote: »
    Most optimistic possibility is they're just taking a break for a week to judge the impact on sales.
    So no shopping allowed for Boardsies in either Lidl or Aldi this week. Everyone got it. :D

Foggy lad I want me voucher back :D:D:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Foggy lad I want me voucher back :D:D:D:P
    The Manager in Carlow Hanover has it for you.

Not trying to take thread off topic, cheers whiplashy, exactly the advice I needed.

Pm sent with some more detailed information

Cheers foggy, I will use my voucher to go towards my slow cooker that I will purchase from Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Twit

Tesco will be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

If it soothes your pain guys, I was thinking of using my voucher to acquire a slow cooker for €8.

Jeez.

Hahaha now that's what I call staying on topic off topic love it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Are there any vouchers today?..this is not the weekend ,hence my question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hiujn

no vouchers no worries used 2 during the week so i won't have to go back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Are the vouchers back this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

really hope so - so feel it this week not having them :eek:

Checked Aldi's FB page and there is no mention of vouchers. I would imagine the next will possibly be Halloween and I too will find it difficult this week without the voucher. They were brill while they lasted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hiujn

Just gotta take advantage as best ya can when they are in the paper i must buy 4 next time round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

et101 wrote: »
    Checked Aldi's FB page and there is no mention of vouchers. I would imagine the next will possibly be Halloween and I too will find it difficult this week without the voucher. They were brill while they lasted :(

yeah they were fab. My freezer is currently wedged with enough meat and fish that will last till well into October and I've enough bog roll and bin bags to do me till early 2016 at least, all at 20% discount from their already cheap prices.

Cant wait for the Xmas price wars, 1kg of carrots for 6c anyone?

• Advertisement

Thinking Sprouts for 2cent !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thinking Sprouts for 2cent !!
    No below cost price selling of fruit and veg before Christmas - supermarkets

Most consumers against vegetable price wars

Heard a good few mention prices went up in the Germans when the vouchers came in so as to neurtralise them. And now they are gone prices stay up?

Im talking 2c sprouts that Aldi were selling up to Christmas 2013 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Heard a good few mention prices went up in the Germans when the vouchers came in so as to neurtralise them. And now they are gone prices stay up?

I think the majority of us used the vouchers in Tesco, as it's so difficult to spend €50 in Lidl or Aldi at any one time (price rises or not), that's probably why they lasted so long this time around, they just had the effect of cutting tesco's margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I think the majority of us used the vouchers in Tesco, as it's so difficult to spend €50 in Lidl or Aldi at any one time (price rises or not), that's probably why they lasted so long this time around, they just had the effect of cutting tesco's margins.

Wait until ye get a family to feed, its not hard to spend well over €50 euro in Aldi for your main shop! I shudder to think what we would spend in Tesco.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Glenbhoy wrote:

I doubt it, we have no problem dropping €100 or more in Aldi each week (similar shop cost €140ish in Tesco or Dunnes), the vouchers definitely helped.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Confirmed - No vouchers this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Confirmed - No vouchers this weekend.
    I dont know why I thanked your post :p

muffler wrote: »

I just want to blame someone ...are they any volunteers? :)

muffler wrote: »

Why for the same reason ive thanked yours :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why for the same reason ive thanked yours :pac:
    lol :D

Cant wait for the Xmas price wars, 1kg of carrots for 6c anyone?[/QUOTE]

Now you know that you will have opened that old can of worms..... "what about the farmers"!!!! Bring on the cheap veg I say woo hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

It's just not Christmas until I get a dozen pineapples for less than a euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭ellejay

Actually today I noticed that Aldi's 7.5kg potatoes were 5.99. usually about 3.20.
    I'd a look on Tesco's website and they're the same price also.
    I'm too far from Lidl to check prices.

ellejay wrote: »
    Actually today I noticed that Aldi's 7.5kg potatoes were 5.99. usually about 3.20.
    I'd a look on Tesco's website and they're the same price also.
    I'm too far from Lidl to check prices.
    Prices of veg and fruit can change dramatically due to supply and seasonal or weather issues

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Prices of veg and fruit can change dramatically due to supply and seasonal or weather issues

Admit it foggy lad, its a conspiracy perpetrated by a certain media mogul who has a stake in the supply of water;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Any Aldi Vouchers coming soon in the papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I hope they do

Until they do, Dunnes are giving out vouchers 10E off 50, I think they're just on their receipts.

Can't imagine it until Christmas but they might do one for Halloween

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I keep a Diary & just noticed Aldi had a 10e voucher in the Sunday paper this time last year. Any chance of that happening this Sunday

hillbloom wrote: »
    I keep a Diary & just noticed Aldi had a 10e voucher in the Sunday paper next Sunday. Any chance of that happening this Sunday

Eh:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eh:confused:

Last year I imagine, though it an odd thing to be in a diary

When there's vouchers someone will post it - bouncing the thread to ask is pointless, and annoying for everyone else who assumes that a bounce means there are vouchers. Please stop - you've done it twice now.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

hillbloom wrote: »
    I keep a Diary & just noticed Aldi had a 10e voucher in the Sunday paper this time last year. Any chance of that happening this Sunday

Aldi ran vouchers continuously every week from October to Christmas last year.

This year is NOT last year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If they do come back report this post and we will re-open the thread, can stay closed in the meantime before the rage of no vouchers set in after the thread getting the bumped.

Closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Read on FB that aldi €10 voucher in the Sunday world and Indo this weekend. Anyone else hear anything?

Source : Beady Eye Bargains FB page.

Apologies if already posted, but couldn't find a thread and previous one was locked IIRC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement