Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bad basta5d, it looks like he may have cost someone their job :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057535672

Jeez bit harsh.

Anyway any further info into next Sundays vouchers, if any, yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

Think im giving up the search for a spare voucher, checked nearly everywhere, got lesson learnt, hopefully there will be tenner of 50€ spent on Sunday again (and NOT 20 off 100€) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

The till lady in Aldi today told me it was going to be €20 off €100 this week! and she said it's usually when they sell most alcohol! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

liamo22 wrote: »
    The till lady in Aldi today told me it was going to be €20 off €100 this week! and she said it's usually when they sell most alcohol! :)

Oh no, im going away for xmas and will never spend 100€, so angry with myself :(

+1 experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah just got the email about it now:

Christmas_20euro_Voucher_TI_b5afab8fd8.jpg

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Tesco will love that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

And it's valid until 31st of December. I think I'll be getting two papers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Did my wine shopping in Tesco yesterday with my weekend haul of Aldi and Lidl vouchers. A Heads Up: If you go for Tesco's 6 bottles for €50 offer, watch out for their 5% discount which brings the before-voucher cost down to €49.50 - I had to grab some chewing gum to get back over the €50 threshold.

BTW, anyone want three packets of chewing gum? Can't stand the stuff myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its on the homepage of their site in the photo gallery (so be patient and let it scroll)

Sunday Indo and Sunday World 20 off a 100 euro shop

This offer relates only to vouchers printed in the Sunday Independent and the Sunday World on the dates specified.

Voucher terms and conditions: Voucher valid from Sunday 20 December until close of business Thursday 31 December 2015. Voucher must be presented before purchasing items at the till. Voucher valid for €20 off your shopping when you spend €100 in a single transaction. One voucher per single transaction. Copied, damaged or defaced coupons will not be accepted – only original coupons are valid. Excludes Infant Formula Milk. This voucher has no cash value, is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This voucher remains the property of Aldi Stores Ltd and is not for resale or publication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

I'll be getting a few Sunday paper's.

Fyi, a lot of the alcohol deals in tesco are only until 25/12/15.

So, anyone planning on using their aldi/lidl vouchers there, keep in mind that the booze deals won't be there on Stephens day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

scartboy wrote: »
    Did my wine shopping in Tesco yesterday with my weekend haul of Aldi and Lidl vouchers. A Heads Up: If you go for Tesco's 6 bottles for €50 offer, watch out for their 5% discount which brings the before-voucher cost down to €49.50 - I had to grab some chewing gum to get back over the €50 threshold.

Vis-a-vis doing your wine shopping- Lidl in particular- have wine selections that put even many dedicated wine shops to shame. It is actually the case that its worth your while using your Lidl voucher in Lidl- rather than Tesco. I had to do a doubletake- when I realised they had 7 different Pinot Grigios- ranging between 4.99 and 7.99 a bottle. We had a bottle of Blanco at 6.99 last night with dinner- I can honestly say that I haven't had as nice in a long time.

I used buy a couple of cases of Tesco wine when the vouchers were out- not anymore- the higher quality/lower price offerings from in this case Lidl- are an eye opener......

pa990 wrote: »
    I'll be getting a few Sunday paper's.

Fyi, a lot of the alcohol deals in tesco are only until 25/12/15.

So, anyone planning on using their aldi/lidl vouchers there, keep in mind that the booze deals won't be there on Stephens day.

The 6 for 50 deal in tesco finishes Sunday so people know.

scartboy wrote: »

Meant to post this again cause it's a big caveat. The 5% off is off the ORIGINAL price too so be aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

So... will the Sunday World have the €20 off €100 tomorrow ?

• Advertisement

pa990 wrote: »
    So... will the Sunday World have the €20 off €100 tomorrow ?

Shhhhh! Only joking- yes, it was on the list. Whether it continues to have both an Aldi and a Lidl voucher- remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭WearstheFoxhat

Do Tesco take these vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

The Star had a €20 off €100 LIDL voucher today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

vicwatson wrote: »
    The 6 for 50 deal in tesco finishes Sunday so people know.

is it available tomorrow too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Do Tesco take these vouchers?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 farrell2121

What about 40% voucher on Facebook for Aldi ?

Anyone get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ariya

Anyone get it ?

Its a scam seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Data-slurping scam. Its a generic US voucher (hence the 'rain check' reference) with whatever shop and % the scammer feels like slapped on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone get it ?

It's not from Aldi. It's spam

dubmick wrote: »
    is it available tomorrow too?

What day is amarach?? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

off topic.... but
    in case anyone gets up early goes to buy wine on the 6 for €50 tomorrow

you can't purchase wine before 12:30 on a Sunday

so stay in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Voucher is on Page 2 on the Independent.

€20 off €100 spend from today till close of business Thursday 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Its on the homepage of their site in the photo gallery (so be patient and let it scroll)

Sunday Indo and Sunday World 20 off a 100 euro shop

This offer relates only to vouchers printed in the Sunday Independent and the Sunday World on the dates specified.

Voucher terms and conditions: Voucher valid from Sunday 20 December until close of business Thursday 31 December 2015. Voucher must be presented before purchasing items at the till. Voucher valid for €20 off your shopping when you spend €100 in a single transaction. One voucher per single transaction. Copied, damaged or defaced coupons will not be accepted – only original coupons are valid. Excludes Infant Formula Milk. This voucher has no cash value, is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This voucher remains the property of Aldi Stores Ltd and is not for resale or publication.

Just got email from Sunday World. Only mentions Lidl for the €20 off voucher!!!
    Can someone confirm if there is an Aldi voucher aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

aido76 wrote: »
    Just got email from Sunday World. Only mentions Lidl for the €20 off voucher!!!
    Can someone confirm if there is an Aldi voucher aswell?

YES!!! SUNDAY WORLD, €2.45.
    LIDL ON PAGE 2.
    ALDI ON PAGE 13..
    20 off a 100 for both!!

There is only a aldi voucher in the indo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

stek wrote: »
    YES!!! SUNDAY WORLD, €2.45.
    LIDL ON PAGE 2.
    ALDI ON PAGE 13..
    20 off a 100 for both!!

There is only a lidl voucher in the indo..
    Is it not Aldi in the Indo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I have a Tesco shop ordered for 31st :-) Can I give the driver both vouchers or just 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

stek wrote: »
    There is only a lidl voucher in the indo..

TwbXV5J.jpg

piperh wrote: »
    I have a Tesco shop ordered for 31st :-) Can I give the driver both vouchers or just 1?

1 voucher per transaction.
    If you have 1 delivery- its one voucher.
    If you order two separate deliveries- you can use two (and so on- ad infinitum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

The Aldi website says the €20 off voucher is in both the Sunday World and Sunday Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

The voucher in the indo is definitely aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Just used several of these to buy argos gift cards in tesco. Also the 6 for 50 wine deal will net you an additional 5% so 12 bottles of wine will be 73 with a 20 off 100 voucher.

Also buying gift cards in 50's will net you 150 club card points.

Go get em!

Lantus wrote: »
    Just used several of these to buy argos gift cards in tesco. Also the 6 for 50 wine deal will net you an additional 5% so 12 bottles of wine will be 73 with a 20 off 100 voucher.

Also buying gift cards in 50's will net you 150 club card points.

Go get em!

You're lucky you got away with this- it is specifically excluded under the terms and conditions. You got a cashier who wasn't familiar with the rules. You got lucky.

Note the expiration date on aldi voucher is 31st but the lidl one is 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Just to clarify the maths of the Tesco 6 bottles for €50; if you buy 12 bottles they should cost €100, but Tesco also gives you a discount of 5% on the pre-discounted price of €144, so your bill at the till will come to €100 minus € 7.20 = €92.80.

You need to buy something else to the value of at least €7.20 to get to the magic €100, then you can whip out your German €20 voucher and Bob's your Uncle/Aunt |(delete as appropriate).

Thanks to CH3OH for the warning about the pro-publican ban on citizens buying wine on Sunday mornings. It saved me a long wait in a shopping centre this morning. Also thanks to the poster who warned that the Tesco 6 for 50 offer ends today.

• Advertisement

FYI- the pro-publican ban on weekdays and Saturdays- is 10.30AM.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you use the €20 against iTunes vouchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Massive queue in Aldi today at 12.25pm with all the people having to wait until 12.30pm to buy their wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

You're lucky you got away with this- it is specifically excluded under the terms and conditions. You got a cashier who wasn't familiar with the rules. You got lucky.

Which bit? Wine or vouchers? Just bought the wine once but have bought gift vouchers from four different cashiers over the last week. None battered an eye lid. Two were long time staff members.

Lantus wrote: »
    Which bit? Wine or vouchers? Just bought the wine once but have bought gift vouchers from four different cashiers over the last week. None battered an eye lid. Two were long time staff members.

It doesn't matter how long term staff members they are- they all allowed you misuse the voucher. I'm not making this up- any of the Managers- or indeed the signage and explanation leaflets at the customer service desk clearly detail what you can and cannot use the vouchers for. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit, lottery tickets, petrol station sales (of any kind) or baby formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

I bought two EUR50.00 Debenhams gift cards in my local Tesco today, paid EUR80.00 with an Aldi voucher. The woman at the checkout was a bit doubtful but I pointed out the only exclusion mentioned on the voucher is baby milk powder. She asked her colleague at the next till what he thought and he said once it's a EUR100.00 transaction it's OK. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit.

Tesco have no ban on using them for phone credit. Dunnes do though.

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I bought two EUR50.00 Debenhams gift cards in my local Tesco today, paid EUR80.00 with an Aldi voucher. The woman at the checkout was a bit doubtful but I pointed out the only exclusion mentioned on the voucher is baby milk powder. She asked her colleague at the next till what he thought and he said once it's a EUR100.00 transaction it's OK. Happy days!

The exclusions- are Tesco exclusions- not Aldi or Lidl exclusions- and the checkout operator was wrong to accept the voucher in lieu of part payment (for gift cards). Its not fair putting them in this position- as some of them did get into trouble over it before.

why do some of ye keep repeating this? Does it bother ye that it worked for someone bar yourselfs??

Because some of the staff are longterm staff who try their best for customers- and its not nice to think that you may be getting them in trouble?

There were official warnings put on some staff files- over allowing abuse/misuse of competitor coupons previously- and additional training was given.

Just because you can get away with something- does not mean its ethical to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

The exclusions- are Tesco exclusions- not Aldi or Lidl exclusions- and the checkout operator was wrong to accept the voucher in lieu of part payment (for gift cards). Its not fair putting them in this position- as some of them did get into trouble over it before.

I wasn't aware I was "putting her in a position" and if she'd refused to take the voucher I'd have accepted that.

But she herself was unsure and asked her colleague's advice. He told her it was fine. If anyone's at fault here it's Tesco management for not clearly explaining their t&cs to both their staff and their customers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement