Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Can anyone explain what this is "Tesco 6 bottles for €50 on wine", as I can find no menton of it on the Tesco site. Thank you,
    Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Gerry069 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what this is "Tesco 6 bottles for €50 on wine", as I can find no menton of it on the Tesco site. Thank you,
    Gerry.

They have an offer on about eight wines that you can buy any six bottles mixed and matched whichever way you please for €50.

Some of the wines included are Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chardonnay, & Sauvignon Blanc; Campo Viejo Reserva and two or three New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs.

It finishes today (Sunday)!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

gizmo555 wrote: »
    They have an offer on about eight wines that you can buy any six bottles mixed and matched whichever way you please for €50.

Some of the wines included are Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chardonnay, & Sauvignon Blanc; Campo Viejo Reserva and two or three New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs.

It finishes today (Sunday)!

Thanks a million for that, need to get in the car and go so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1 voucher per transaction.
    If you have 1 delivery- its one voucher.
    If you order two separate deliveries- you can use two (and so on- ad infinitum)

Only if you get them on different days. Only allowed to use 2 per day as stated in the terms and conditions on the Tesco site:
    •Only 1 “Spend & Save” coupon can be presented per transaction and a maximum of two coupons can be accepted per customer per day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Bought some more gift vouchers today. Checked with staff and they were very happy that this was OK. Good job tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Lantus wrote:
    Bought some more gift vouchers today. Checked with staff and they were very happy that this was OK. Good job tesco.

Which store did you go to?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It doesn't matter how long term staff members they are- they all allowed you misuse the voucher. I'm not making this up- any of the Managers- or indeed the signage and explanation leaflets at the customer service desk clearly detail what you can and cannot use the vouchers for. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit, lottery tickets, petrol station sales (of any kind) or baby formula.

Phone credit is not specifically excluded. You should not have any difficulty using vouchers to buy phone credit in any store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 dotcomedy

The exclusions- are Tesco exclusions- not Aldi or Lidl exclusions- and the checkout operator was wrong to accept the voucher in lieu of part payment (for gift cards). Its not fair putting them in this position- as some of them did get into trouble over it before.

I work with Tesco. Its up to the line manager to make it crystal clear what the rules regarding vouchers are. Colleagues should be briefed on a weekly basis in a team 5 meeting.
    Which they all should sign after being briefed.

If checkout staff don't know the T&Cs. It not their fault. It their managers failure to make it clear.
    I have not seen any checkout staff receive any discipline over these yet.

I can tell you. This voucher thing is killing profit. It may keep us ahead in market share, but that's not much good unless money is being made.
    We have had our bonus cut and we can not longer use these vouchers along with our staff discount.
    And we can look forward to a cut in hours in the new year.

Terrible place to work. Greedy bankers ....

I shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

dotcomedy wrote: »
    i shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

I used to think Aldi great value, but in the last 6 months their prices have gone up considerably, I have mostly stopped doing my shopping there now because of it. Initially the spatchcock chicken on offer was €3 now it's €4 ON SPECIAL, that's only the beginning.

I now have to go online check prices then do my shop accordingly.

Sorry to hear your employers are not nice to work for. Coming from a public service background, where you get paid, that's it. , no Christmas bonus or staff discount, hence my need to be vigilant when it comes to shopping around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can tell you. This voucher thing is killing profit.
    Thats what I guessed, and with the abuse going on I reckon it has got to be pulled soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We have had our bonus cut and we can not longer use these vouchers along with our staff discount.
    And we can look forward to a cut in hours in the new year.

Terrible place to work. Greedy bankers ....

I shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

Bonus being cut is not because of the vouchers. And as you're still getting a bonus, can't be that bad a place to work. Didn't head office staff have any sort of bonus completely done away with, at least staff on the floor were left with something. Don't you also have a share scheme in which you're guaranteed back what you put in even if the value of your shares drop below that value? The grass is not always greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats what I guessed, and with the abuse going on I reckon it has got to be pulled soon.

Just a thought.

The concerned store managers should also make sure that it's not being abused. It is in deed their responsibility too. The OP has also mentioned (agreed) that's it's manager's failure too.
    If checkout staff don't know the T&Cs. It not their fault. It their managers failure to make it clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Anyone want to swap a lidl €20 off voucher for an aldi one?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭adr1984

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I used to think Aldi great value, but in the last 6 months their prices have gone up considerably, I have mostly stopped doing my shopping there now because of it. Initially the spatchcock chicken on offer was €3 now it's €4 ON SPECIAL, that's only the beginning.

What websites do you use for checking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I shop in ALDI all the time and haven't noticed one price increase on the things I buy to be honest. In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Totally agree with this statement. Lidl the same. Still cheaper than some items in Tesco but not as cheap as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

vicwatson wrote: »
    I shop in ALDI all the time and haven't noticed one price increase on the things I buy to be honest. In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same

Same here.
    My bread and tea bags have gone down. Soy sauce down also. Some meats may have gone up a bit but I think that's the same everwhere.
    Some, but not all alcohol has increased. My Clontarf whisky up by 50 cents only.
    Overall not much difference to a year ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

vicwatson wrote: »
    ...In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same
    Milk has gone down :confused: It's still ~75c/l

I have not noticed price increases in Aldi. In fact, prices have fallen on some sliced meats, cheese, tea, biscuits, bread, nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The unhealthy stuff in aldi was never cheap, but if your doing a reasonable healthy shop you will make savings there.

Fruit and veg is great there.

• Advertisement

adr1984 wrote: »

What websites do you use for checking?

Tesco.ie

Aldi.ie

Lidl.ie

I check all the special offers, like these which are loved in our house........http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268269346

I make lists, and always know the price of stuff, bulk buy when necessary,

I check all the special offers, like these which are loved in our house........http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268269346
    These are cheaper and imho just as nice..contain more chicken in fact http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264322508
    or
    even better 2 of these http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288309287 and use 2 coupons
    Are you really a BAer at all at all? :p

rubadub wrote: »

abuse?

I think you are over reacting!

I bought the Sunday World yesterday with my Tesco shop, spent €102, used the Lidl voucher,

Got home, realised after reading this that vouchers could be got, and since I had ordered €50 worth of goods in Argos, I could pick up a voucher, and the fire logs we use we're 3 for €4 in Tesco, and I could stock up and buy €52 worth,

Since I was in Dublin today, stopped off on the way in Tesco Naas, asked to speak to the manager on duty, asked if I could buy the Argos vouchers with the Aldi coupon, and she said there was no problem and no word from head office not to take them against vouchers. While I waited for the manager, less than 3 minutes, 3 people came up and bought vouchers with the aldi and Lidl vouchers at customer service.

I asked, and was given permission,

But it turned out they did not have the fire logs, so in the end I got €50 Argos voucher and €50 tesco voucher for €80.

abuse?

I think not,

Maybe I am wrong and as before someone will tell me I now have lost someone a job, but really.....

snubbleste wrote: »
    These are cheaper and imho just as nice..contain more chicken in fact http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264322508
    or
    even better 2 of these http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288309287 and use 2 coupons
    Are you really a BAer at all at all? :p

:D

Himself will only eat branded food, won't touch Tesco...... :confused:

Big al on the other hand....... Have to check them out, thanks for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just back from my local Aldi. Would anyone else agree that the 49c sprouts are of very poor quality? I got some in Tesco and they are much better, Tesco's being Irish and Aldi's being from Holland

Big al on the other hand....... Have to check them out, thanks for that!!
    In fact you could buy 16xBigAls + €2 yoke = €50 - €10 coupon - 16x€1 coupon = €24/16packs = €1.50 per 440g pack. Y'know to stock up.
    Honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Just back from my local Aldi. Would anyone else agree that the 49c sprouts are of very poor quality? I got some in Tesco and they are much better, Tesco's being Irish and Aldi's being from Holland

I've just eaten some sprouts purchased in Aldi today. They looked and tasted excellent. Nice fresh green and no withering outer leaves. I would prefer if they were Irish, though.

Mine were Dutch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Aldi sometimes have different supplier countries for the Super 6 Veg, I have regularly got Spanish tomatoes in one branch and Dutch in another while the same offer was running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They're 2 for a euro in SuperValu at the moment, a bit hit and miss on the quality though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

abuse?

I think you are over reacting!
    Abuse, "taking advantage", whatever you want to call it I still think the acceptance of vouchers like this will be pulled soon.

They are not supposed to sell gift vouchers, I took this to mean tesco ones though, not necessarily argos. However I would be 99% certain they are not making a profit on selling 50euro argos vouchers for 40 euro. I am 100% certain they did not make a profit on what I spent today, as the excise duty and VAT was above 80 euro.

Maybe the managers are trying to hit some sales figure and so allowing the sale of tesco vouchers, knowingly scamming their own company. I have no idea, I just know that the head office official statement says they are not meant to. I have seen salesmen I know not give a damn about company profits, just their own profits.

I am giving fair warning to take advantage while you can, I doubt it will last, and I can expect people to be saying "damn, I should have bought 2 papers that time", which happened before when the lidl/aldi ones stopped for a few months. I will be using up my second 100 voucher very soon, in case it stops quicker than I think.

To be honest,

It will all be over this week, hence pushing for year end figures, inflate them using the coupons without accounting for them.,

Anyway,

I was glad of the bargain. Hope I don't ruin it for everyone else,

Next coupons Easter?

Merry Christmas to all you guys,

Oh, my aldi only ever sell Dutch veg for some reason,

My sprouts are in my back garden, must pick them tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

is that the end of the vouchers now for another year?

M

phobia2011 wrote: »
    is that the end of the vouchers now for another year?

For 6 or so months if they repeat last years vouchers again during the summer :D

image.php?id=2&name=ALDI+%26+LIDL+Vouchers&byear=2015&dyear=2015&insc=Will+Be+Missed+By+Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is it the end of them? i would love more on Sunday in the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

To be honest,

It will all be over this week, hence pushing for year end figures, inflate them using the coupons without accounting for them.,

Anyway,

I was glad of the bargain. Hope I don't ruin it for everyone else,

Next coupons Easter?

Merry Christmas to all you guys,

Oh, my aldi only ever sell Dutch veg for some reason,

My sprouts are in my back garden, must pick them tomorrow :D

I was buying Irish sprouts up to 2 weeks ago in my local Aldi. Most veg that is in season is still Irish in that store. I must say the leeks are disappointing. They tend to be soft as if they've been stored for too long.

Happy Christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

So I've missed the voucher again?

Ah shíte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Milk has gone down :confused: It's still ~75c/l

I have not noticed price increases in Aldi. In fact, prices have fallen on some sliced meats, cheese, tea, biscuits, bread, nuts

Slim milk was 0.85 cent and for perhaps the last 9 months it has been reduced to 0.75 cent, that's a price reduction !!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

For 6 or so months if they repeat last years vouchers again during the summer :D

Aldi did a one-off voucher on the first or second Sunday of January this year. Might happen again.

There have also been vouchers on the two or so Sundays before Easter the past few years and I would imagine there's a reasonable likelihood of the same again next year.

Can't see the mad run of vouchers we had last summer happen again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Used my voucher to get ticketmaster vouchers in tesco

I can see Tesco stopping taking these vouchers in the future if we keep abusing it buying gift cards.

M

I can see Tesco stopping taking these vouchers in the future if we keep abusing it buying gift cards.

Don't hate the player hate the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not abusing it if they let people do it. All they have to do is make sure gift vouchers can't be bought using them, having it differ from store to store is their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Tesco make the rules. Everybody is abiding by the current ruleset.

I cannot see how this is a problem until Tesco say so :confused:

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Tesco make the rules. Everybody is abiding by the current ruleset. I cannot see how this is a problem until Tesco say so :confused:
    Tesco already said so..http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards..

Don't hate the player hate the game

Oh I don't hate the player at all. I'm guilty of buying gift vouchers with the aldi vouchers myself. I have been refused by quite a few staff members in my local Tesco but there are one or two that don't have a problem sellling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Did a big shop last week split between Aldi and lidl for best effect.
    Was in lidl yesterday getting my turkey and some more bits.
    Will hit tesco for wine to take advantage of the wine offer I now know about. Some nice wines on the list.

Have to agree,any time I shop in tesco/, Dunne's its a few bags while in the German stores its a fully trolley for the same spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭hexosan

Who cares if they take them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco turnover will be up for Christmas period with people using vouchers from other stores, never a bad thing ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Would it be difficult to change a little bit of code that disallows the use of that scanned discount code thingy they have when the trolley total would have been less than the voucher conditions without the purchase of gift cards?

Tesco take these vouchers for a reason, firstly this voucher purchasing is carried out by a small minority, secondly, not many shoppers have the discipline some of us have in keeping our trolley total to the 50 or 100 etc, if they can't make money on a shop that size, even allowing for vouchers, they're doing something wrong.

They'd obviously prefer not to have to accept them, but they can also see the benefits, I certainly shift a lot of purchases to tesco when it's voucher season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    if they can't make money on a shop that size, even allowing for vouchers, they're doing something wrong.

Typical margins in the grocery sector are 6-7% (vastly higher margins on some items- versus others that are sold at barely more than cost). These are RGDATA industry figures. One of these vouchers are a straight 20% off. Unless the items being purchased have a ridiculously high markup- they are allowing money walk out the door. There were 2 lines in the 2014 Tesco annual report- referring directly to 'increased use of couponing in Ireland leading to lowering of margins'. Aka- it is hitting their bottom lines. To try and maintain margins they have let staff go, they have cut bonuses (for ordinary staff- cashiers etc)- and they are introducing enhanced self-scan facilities to allow them to reduce staffing requirements even more. In addition- they have redesigned all roles- every single staff member now spends time on the floor, every single day. You will find managers restocking shelves alongside their less illustrious colleagues etc etc

These coupons are hurting Tesco far more than you imagine. They are taking them in an effort to maintain market share- however, they are already in second place- and at risk of loosing their market point to current second place (Dunnes) (Musgraves are in first place).

The German multiples are both on around 8%- and growing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ Couldn't care less. The same company used to call us "Treasure Ireland".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement