Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

casio4 wrote: »
    blast it anyway I wont spend €100 in Lidl, I could manage €50

Tesco take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I'm off to use the Aldi and Lidl vouchers from last week's Sunday World today - I'll use the Aldi one in Aldi but the Lidl one in Tesco, I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf. I hope the Sunday World next week has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm off to use the Aldi and Lidl vouchers from last week's Sunday World today - I'll use the Aldi one in Aldi but the Lidl one in Tesco, I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf. I hope the Sunday World next week has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers again :)

will dunnes take these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf

Drink?
    will dunnes take these?

Nope.
    They have their own spend 50 and get a 10 off the next shop voucher.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Drink?

Nope.
    They have their own spend 50 and get a 10 off the next shop voucher.
    Nope, don't drink (well not the hard stuff anyway)!

Just back from Tesco/Aldi - saved €20 off my weekly shopping by simply buying a €2.50 rag, feeling particularly smug. No hassle whatsoever with using the Lidl voucher in Tesco Dundrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

vicwatson wrote: »
    Interesting that Aldi doing 10 off 50 and Lidl doing 20 off 100, they used to shadow each other.

Anyway Sunday world it is for both vouchers at 2.45(cheapest option)

Lidl is doing 20 off 100 this weekend?
    Is it only Sunday that there will be vouchers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

blast it anyway I wont spend €100 in Lidl, I could manage €50
    I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf
    Not 100% sure, but I think some people were buying phone credit in lidl with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Five minutes wandering around Lidl today to get the last fiver, as I had decided there was enough booze in the trolley. I now have a shoe-shine sponge and 20 single use "crushed ice" bags; both of which I need but wouldn't have bothered with; a jar of powdered lemongrass and a wedge of brie.

Aldi would be worse as bar a few items (the burgers, burger buns, 8 year old Scotch, tea and dishwasher tablets) I find a lot of their stuff inferior to Lidl and don't buy it. So I used that one in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not 100% sure, but I think some people were buying phone credit in lidl with them.

Yep.
    Lidl does phone credit, Aldi don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

L1011 wrote: »
    Five minutes wandering around Lidl today to get the last fiver,
    :) I'm the same in tesco. I tot up the total on my phone and just barely go over 50euro

Seems lots of the drink offers in tesco have disappeared online. They were supposed to be running for a while longer. The 3x8x500ml cans were meant to be "valid from 13/3/2016 until 28/3/2016"

Lidl is doing 20 off 100 this weekend?
    That was meant to be on some facebook bargain alert page. I have not seen it on the lidl or newpapers sites yet.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    :) I'm the same in tesco. I tot up the total on my phone and just barely go over 50euro

Same here - phone out and got to 50.55.

Got bitten in Tesco by a huge misprice on some plant food once, was 14.99 and scanned well below (2.50) or so) and I ended up so far below 50 there was nothing on the checkout to bring it back above - all paracetemol products you could buy 1 of!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Same here - phone out and got to 50.55.
    Got bitten in Tesco by a huge misprice on some plant food once, was 14.99 and scanned well below (2.50) or so) and I ended up so far below 50 there was nothing on the checkout to bring it back above - all paracetemol products you could buy 1 of!
    Phone credit, caller. Gift it if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Yep.
    Lidl does phone credit, Aldi don't.

I didn't know that, thanks, as usually the older staff you know would let you off if you were a wee bit, but younger staff are sticklers & then you have a crowd behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

rubadub wrote: »
    :)

Seems lots of the drink offers in tesco have disappeared online. They were supposed to be running for a while longer. The 3x8x500ml cans were meant to be "valid from 13/3/2016 until 28/3/2016".
    I have noticed this on their website quite a lot recently you can't rely on the date they say the offer runs until they keep changing it I bet the price of Guinness shoots up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Does LIDL do all the different types of phone credit is Vodafone, Meteor & 02.

hillbloom wrote: »
    Does LIDL do all the different types of phone credit is Vodafone, Meteor & 02.

I'd like to know that as well & i've noticed y'day Aldi are selling newspapers now, as Lidl have been doing it for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I'd like to know that as well & i've noticed y'day Aldi are selling newspapers now, as Lidl have been doing it for a while now.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/5740.htm

Thanks, sadly no Tesco :(

Tesco won't allow anyone else Tescomobile credit basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

Tesco won't allow anyone else Tescomobile credit basically.

No problem buying Tescomobile credit in our local Gala shop

loopymum wrote: »

Must be just Aldi/Lidl? as i can get it in my local shop, afaik anywhere there's a Paypoint sign in the shop, can get it.
    But would be handier if you could get it there as well!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks, sadly no Tesco :(

No problem using Lidl voucher to buy Tesco Mobile credit in Tesco.

loopymum wrote: »

A Gala is not a direct competitor. Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes/Supervalu are.

Anything in tomorrow's papers?
    There was last week on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

A Gala is not a direct competitor. Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes/Supervalu are.

just admit you were bloody wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I have noticed this on their website quite a lot recently you can't rely on the date they say the offer runs until they keep changing it I bet the price of Guinness shoots up tomorrow

Best 2take photos of Yellow price labels in tescos - clearly showing offer & expiry date & of course posting them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anything in tomorrow's papers?
    There was last week on Friday.
    Best 2take photos of Yellow price labels in tescos - clearly showing offer & expiry date & of course posting them here.

Why why why

Aldi bloody thread

Quackster wrote: »

It's because my local Aldi/Lidl is a lot closer than the nearest Tesco shop

Quackster wrote: »

Does Tesco sell 02 / Meteor & 3 top ups ?

If Yes - Do they accept LIDL & ALDI Vouchers in payment for them?

I wasn't - they don't allow direct competitors to sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭nitros7

Just confirmed from a Sunday World Circular e-mail

€10 off €50 spend in Aldi in the Sunday world this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Which one is that in? Not seen papers in mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what difference will that make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Does Tesco sell 02 / Meteor & 3 top ups ?

If Yes - Do they accept LIDL & ALDI Vouchers in payment for them?

Yes and Yes.

Got myself 2 top-ups last Saturday of €20 each and €10 worth of shopping for €40 with an Aldi voucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Aldi €10 off a €50 spend will be in the Sunday World and Sunday Independent. The Lidl voucher for €20 off €100 spend will be in the Saturday Independent and Sunday World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

can we use ALDI voucher for online tesco shopping? should we give the ALDI voucher to the driver?

Yes and Yes.

Got myself 2 top-ups last Saturday of €20 each and €10 worth of shopping for €40 with an Aldi voucher

I take it the top ups were for Non Tesco Mobiles.
    How did you get the €10 off ???

€20 x 2 = €40 Need to spend €50 ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Are the schools off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

can we use ALDI voucher for online tesco shopping? should we give the ALDI voucher to the driver?

As far as I know you can't as the sale will already be made prior to them arriving.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Are the schools off?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Schools are off till 4th April- easter holidays. And James D, Colmtheperson said he got 10e shopping to bring it up to 50e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes you can, just give it to the driver, you should get an email couple of days later about the refund, might come as a Sorry about the order been wrong or late, or they might just give you a €10 refund for an item.

Make sure order is for the minimum spend €50 and voucher in date when it was deliver.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Folks, will you get back on topic and less of the bickering and chat please

Yes drivers will take it but be sure to tell them before you sign the little machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yes, Just got a tenner back to my bank account from a supervalu voucher, the voucher must be valid on the delivery date NOT the date you place the order. Just give to the driver when he produces the handheld thingy for signing for the delivery. Only one voucher per delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

easter_vouchers_647x350_1.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Make sure to write your order number on the voucher just to be sure to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

€10 off voucher in today's Sunday Independent

Dolbert wrote: »
    The Aldi €10 off a €50 spend will be in the Sunday World and Sunday Independent. The Lidl voucher for €20 off €100 spend will be in the Saturday Independent and Sunday World.

Just got the Sunday World- the Aldi get €10 off a €50 spend is in it but no sign of any Lidl voucher, leafed through the whole paper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just got the Sunday World- the Aldi get €10 off a €50 spend is in it but no sign of any Lidl voucher, leafed through the whole paper :(

It's in the Mail on Sunday, they gave out incorrect info and have since edited the post. A lot of annoyed people posting on their page...

photo.php?fbid=10206513508852643&id=1118001114&set=p.10206513508852643&source=47

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Dolbert wrote: »
    It's in the Mail on Sunday, they gave out incorrect info and have since edited the post. A lot of annoyed people posting on their page...

photo.php?fbid=10206513508852643&id=1118001114&set=p.10206513508852643&source=47

Is the mail on Sunday cheaper than the world?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement