Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Anyone know if the Lidl voucher is out this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

rochestown wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Lidl voucher is out this weekend?

Ignore... just checked the lidl.ie home page!!

http://www.lidl.ie/en/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Can some sort of syndicate come together to publish a paper that every1 will be happy with because this thread should be called "listening to moans talk bout how they don't like this or that and what they are goin to do to the paper when they're finished with it"... Simples buy the paper use the voucher and
    shauuuuddddduuuuupppppppppp.... Good luck with your paper choices ppl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm paying the extra euro and getting the Independent. I really hate the Sun.
    Really?

Who gives a fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Am i right in saying theres a voucher in the sun tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Irish Examiner tomorrow for Aldi voucher. The Sun it would seem is also Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

The idea of someone going out of their way to pay extra money for something that they could get cheaper, to ultimately save money is baffling.... Surely that goes against the whole principle of bargain alerts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Used last weekends voucher today,the fridge and freezer is full thanks to the super 6 and saving a tenner aswell.
    Looked at the trolley full of stuff and it would have cost me about €100 in Dunnes.Half that in Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Read the thread, it's very interesting :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

leck wrote: »
    No, you can't buy gift cards at the self-service checkout, you must go to a staffed checkout. But you can buy phone top-ups at self-service, so if you use those you can make that part of your €50 spend.

Feck... Back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

rubadub wrote: »
    Some people are totally opposed to the sun so would not like to give them any business. This way you have not given them any more profits

Yeah, that's the only reason I mentioned it.
    I don't think this is the thread for that discussion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mailburner wrote: »
    lol @ folks buying the indo purely for the voucher and because they hate the sun

buy the sun, fcuk it in the bin, money is better off in your pocket :pac:

You can't put a price on morals or principles , nothing to be laughed at

ted1 wrote: »
    You can't put a price on morals or principles , nothing to be laughed at

Of course not, specially in bargain alerts !!

Sun €1 tomorrow ALDI voucher

Examiner €2.20 tomorrow ALDI voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jonathanj1234

Will tesco accept these towards cigarettes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Will tesco accept these towards cigarettes?

No!! They also won't accept them towards lotto tickets or scratch cards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

Will there be vouchers again next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

CFC007 wrote: »
    Will there be vouchers again next week?

Did you have a peep at the Aldi website at all? There may be some clues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Is there a voucher in any of the Sunday papers this week? Completely forgot to get the paper yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Lidl €10 back on €50 - Sunday Indo & Sunday World

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Is there a voucher in any of the Sunday papers this week? Completely forgot to get the paper yesterday :(

There is only a Lidl one today i think!

Eemia wrote: »
    There is only a Lidl one today i think!
    styron wrote: »
    Lidl €10 back on €50 - Sunday Indo & Sunday World

And a FULL thread dedicated to it in the LIDL thread.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95953061

Thanks guys :)I'd never manage to spend €50 in Lidl, so small shop today to keep me going until Thursday and hopefully an Aldi voucher then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks guys :)I'd never manage to spend €50 in Lidl, so small shop today to keep me going until Thursday and hopefully an Aldi voucher then.

Use it in Tesco, very easy to spend €50 there.

I am expecting the vouchers to be mentioned in the Dail one of these days by some TD rambling about them damaging the local corner shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I am expecting the vouchers to be mentioned in the Dail one of these days by some TD rambling about them damaging the local corner shop.

You mean the local corner store that is selling my newspapers and sundries than normal??

• Advertisement

Yeah but not good value for money. If I spend €40 in Aldi with no voucher I'll get more stuff than if I get €50 worth of stuff in Tesco and use the Lidl voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

just bought a 49.99 euro barbecue in aldi and a pack of apples used the 10 eurovoucher from last week, great value girl at till said next week will be the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

whelan2 wrote: »
    just bought a 49.99 euro barbecue in aldi and a pack of apples used the 10 eurovoucher from last week, great value girl at till said next week will be the last week

Last week of tesco accepting the vouchers or the last week they will be in the papers?

Last week of tesco accepting the vouchers or the last week they will be in the papers?
    the last week they will be in the papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

whelan2 wrote: »

Please not let it be true...

Boehner-Crying.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah but not good value for money. If I spend €40 in Aldi with no voucher I'll get more stuff than if I get €50 worth of stuff in Tesco and use the Lidl voucher.
    Depends on what you are buying, if you have a fixed shopping list that you refuse to budge from that may be true. I search for what is on offer in tesco, lots of their spirits are greatly reduced at the moment, there is no way Aldi would be selling those products as cheap and have an offer like this at the same time.

I am pretty certain tesco made a loss on me shopping with my vouchers as the excise duty alone was worth more than what I handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lonib

Back on in Irish Independant Thursday & Friday so probably The Sun on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Phone top ups worth 40 quid plus a tenners worth of "reduced to clear" groceries for the freezer all for 40 quid with a 5c off per liter of fuel voucher plus clubcard points...

All from a voucher I picked up free in my local hotel!

Living frugally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

So if lidl continue to do these vouchers and aldi stop doing their's. What is lidl like to shop in terms of quality and value for money if some of us were to jump ship and follow the voucher train.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Just stumbled upon this so sorry if this question has been asked. Iv never used one yet and I shop weekly in aldi. So il look for a voucher this week but does anyone know could I use two together? So 100€ shopping for 80€? There's proberly a fine print id say . Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

ja1986 wrote: »
    Just stumbled upon this so sorry if this question has been asked. Iv never used one yet and I shop weekly in aldi. So il look for a voucher this week but does anyone know could I use two together? So 100€ shopping for 80€? There's proberly a fine print id say . Thanks guys

Just split your shopping into 2 transactions and they will take them

Just say to checkout to stop at 50 and fix it up and carry on. No probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭sue97

The checkout operator in ALDI took 2 off a 100 euro purchase for me last week. I did ask her before proceeding

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Aw that's great guys thanks. Going mad I haven't been using them so far. My shopping is usually 70-80 anyway so they would have came in handy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

So if lidl continue to do these vouchers and aldi stop doing their's. What is lidl like to shop in terms of quality and value for money if some of us were to jump ship and follow the voucher train.

Im an Aldi shopper but used the lidl vouchers but reverted to Aldi when they started vouchers. Prefer Aldi for quality and i think the range is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LJ3103

Can anyone confirm if there are vouchers in today's papers

Thanks

LJ3103 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if there are vouchers in today's papers

Thanks

Hint hint? Read the thread !!!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hint hint? Read the thread !!!

Hint hint, don't be such a smart arse. If you read the thread you would see there is speculation that they are in the papers again but no actual reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hint hint, don't be such a smart arse. If you read the thread you would see there is speculation that they are in the papers again but no actual reports

TBF Aldi couldn't make it any clearer.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Wait till Saturday and get it in the rag called The Sun cos that's only €1 so €9 to spend in Aldi!! And by the way I hate when you ask an innocent question and get put down for it, cos we don't all spend our lives online reading every post...... just sayin' ;)

et101 wrote: »
    Wait till Saturday and get it in the rag called The Sun cos that's only €1 so €9 to spend in Aldi!! And by the way I hate when you ask an innocent question and get put down for it, cos we don't all spend our lives online reading every post...... just sayin' ;)

Cheers for the simple answer

Sun today €1.00

Examiner today €2.20

spent 102 euro, didnt think i had that much, nice girl at till took the 2 vouchers:) said in future to split it

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

hi folks apols if this has been asked already I haven't time to read down through the whole thread, do Lidl accept the Aldi vouchers?

• Advertisement

Caroleia wrote: »
    hi folks apols if this has been asked already I haven't time to read down through the whole thread, do Lidl accept the Aldi vouchers?
    no, there will be a lidl voucher in tomorrows sunday independent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement