Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuck in a lift

• 09-06-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Ever been stuck in a lift, if so how long for?
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-nun-trapped-in-elevator-in-rome-for-three-days-680856.html
    Irish nun trapped in elevator in Rome for three days

A 58-year-old Irish nun visiting Rome was trapped in an elevator for three days after it got stuck between floors in an empty building.

She was descending to the ground floor with a 68-year-old nun from New Zealand last Friday when they became trapped between floors in the Marist Sisters Home, which hosts members of religious missions who travel through Rome.

Only time I ever got stuck was when I was 17 and had a school night job collecting the shopping trolleys from the multistory, we'd deliberately stop the lift by forcing the doors a little so we could have a skive, trouble was one time the lift wouldn't restart and we had to rely on the old alarm button, took a while to get a response because the shops had just about all closed, but no where near the time those two got stuck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

No but I once got stuck on stairs............

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

My dad got stuck in a lift when he was younger and he now refuses to get in one.
    The laughing we do going to the 6th floor thinking of him running up all those stairs haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I got stuck in a lift a few years back. Managed to pry the inside doors open, and found a little clip which opened the outer door and I hopped out. Was in there about 10 minutes. The stupid alarm call button did nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did, in John Lewis in liverpool in... 2008 I think it was. From about 11 in the morning till half 3 in the afternoon. Got a free crepe and meal from their cafe for my troubles, so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Got stuck in a lift in the apartments where I used to live and had to be rescued by firemen! Still nervous of lifts, was not pleasant!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

3 days!!

I'd say that the stink from the steaming piles of crap and pools of piss that they had to lay down on the floor in that time must have been stomach-churning.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Don't fart anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I saw a film about two nuns who got stuck in a lift, wasn't like that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How many lift engineers came to their aid?

Nun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Irish nun trapped in lift
    I guess it's just God's will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

On my husbands stag do, they got stuck between floors. They said two big guys got the doors open from the outside and had to pull them out through a gap at the top.

They were all terrified it would start again and chop their bodies in half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was stuck in a lift with four people for three hours once. It wasn't a happy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Two nuns in a bath. The first one says "Where's the soap"?

The second one replies "doesn't it sister"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Those of a you who worry about being stuck in lifts with strangers might not want to watch Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Two nuns walking through a park and a naked man jumps out in front of them.

One gets a stroke, the other one misses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I don't get it :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

me either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

I knew a guy who got caught in a shoplift.

He was kept in for thirty days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

That's horrific! Why was there no one else in the building?

I'm terrified of lifts. I just can't be dealing. I point blank refuse to use a lift if I am on my own. I'll sometimes brave the lift if there's other people getting in with me but still I would be absolutely petrified. I completely freak out when people start messing on lifts.

Stairs FTW.

You reminded me of this:

:pac:

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »
    me either
    One of the nuns is wearing-down the soap. You can imagine the rest... if you're into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

One of the nuns is wearing-down the soap. You can imagine the rest... if you're into that sort of thing.

The second nun goes "doesn't it sister" it's like there's a word missing in that statement. I've said it over and over to myself and it still makes no sense!

EDIT I get it ....... Took a while .... :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

That's horrific! Why was there no one else in the building?

I'm terrified of lifts. I just can't be dealing. I point blank refuse to use a lift if I am on my own. I'll sometimes brave the lift if there's other people getting in with me but still I would be absolutely petrified. I completely freak out when people start messing on lifts.

Stairs FTW.

You reminded me of this:

<snipped>

:pac:

Never, EVER, use Brazillian elevators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Never, EVER, use Brazillian elevators

Too funny!! I'm crying laughing here!!

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Lifts can move with doors open...never leave the safety of the lift car till proper emergency services or lift engineers are there.

Advertisement