Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much power would an appliance using 0.6 watts use in 1 day in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-06-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭

Hi.

How much power would an appliance using 0.6 watts use in 1 day in Ireland? What would the cost for that day equal?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The answer to your question is 0.0144 units per day.

It would take the appliance 69 days to use one unit (1 kilowatt-hour) of electricity so it's completely insignificant in terms of cost, roughly one quarter of a cent per day.

14.4Wh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

Cheers coylemj, Sir Liamalot. I think it would work out at about 91c in a full year. Correct?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I'm not trying to be funny here but it would work out what you pay for it.

If you buy it off the grid for €0.18p/kwh it's .18/1000 * 14.4 *365 = €0.95

Or more accurately 14.4 * 365 = 5.25kWh per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

How much power would an appliance using 0.6 watts use in 1 day in Ireland? What would the cost for that day equal?

Thanks.

Are you sure it's 0.6w? I don't believe such an appliance exists. An electric toothbrush would use more than this and it's battery powered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

aido79 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's 0.6w? I don't believe such an appliance exists. An electric toothbrush would use more than this and it's battery powered.

Standby usage for a bigger appliance like a TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

aido79 wrote: »

Hi Aido.

Yes, it's a LED desk lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Aido.

Yes, it's a LED desk lamp.

Ah ok. Just for future reference an easy way to work it out is it uses 1 watt then it will take 1000 hours to use 1 unit of electricity...Or 1000/watts of appliance = hours to use one unit of electricity.

Advertisement