Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life insurance

Options
  • 09-06-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have just gone sale agreed on a property and am going with KBC. They sort out life insurance through Irish Life. Has anyone experience of them? Should I go with Irish Life or has anyone any other recommendations? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Who you go with should be your choice.

Personally, I recently moved my policy to Irish Life. They have some very competitive quotes, and in many cases will match whatever someone else quotes. I have found them very easy to deal with, and I used a broker to find the best value for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have just gone sale agreed on a property and am going with KBC. They sort out life insurance through Irish Life. Has anyone experience of them? Should I go with Irish Life or has anyone any other recommendations? Thanks

We went with got our mortgage protection through this broker http://www.onequote.ie. We went with Aviva, they were not the cheapest quote but I wanted "best doctor".

We got out life cover a few years ago from https://www.hello.ie it is with Zurich.

I have my income protection with Irish life/new Ireland (I think) I got it through corn market and trade union and it was the cheapest quote as apparently teachers are high risk and claim a lot!!!! :eek:

We got our house insurance with fbd who were also the cheapest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Contact a broker most life companies will price match the lowest quote at the moment. Irish Life are generally expensive when it comes to life cover but they do have a good policy, however if you deal with a broker you will be able to get their policy for the same price as the cheapest plan on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Millem wrote: »
    We went with got our mortgage protection through this broker http://www.onequote.ie. We went with Aviva, they were not the cheapest quote but I wanted "best doctor".

We got out life cover a few years ago from https://www.hello.ie it is with Zurich.

I have my income protection with Irish life/new Ireland (I think) I got it through corn market and trade union and it was the cheapest quote as apparently teachers are high risk and claim a lot!!!! :eek:

We got our house insurance with fbd who were also the cheapest ;)

Look for a proper broker in your area. A decent broker would be able to set up your Aviva policy matching the cheapest plan in the market for price.

Also Corn Market are generally very expensive when it comes to cover you should shop around with an independent broker.

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Look for a proper broker in your area. A decent broker would be able to set up your Aviva policy matching the cheapest plan in the market for price.

Also Corn Market are generally very expensive when it comes to cover you should shop around with an independent broker.

Cornmarket were the cheapest income protection for me as I am a teacher. I did shop around and apparently teachers are one of the highest risk level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The income protection from cornmarket is actually a great product, I shopped around and brokers advised me to go with that one

TheDriver wrote: »
    The income protection from cornmarket is actually a great product, I shopped around and brokers advised me to go with that one

Me too! 3 brokers said they couldn't beat it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Note that most analysts suggest you should just buy pure straight MPP Mortgage Protection insurance, and not mix it with Serious Illness cover, etc.

Advertisement