Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area outside Penneys what is happening?

• 09-06-2015 7:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

All cleared of taxis and bollards and the flower pots but now just a random crepe stall there

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

bigpink wrote: »
    All cleared of taxis and bollards and the flower pots but now just a random crepe stall there

I've seen mention of an "urban garden" project but no idea what it is or when it's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've seen mention of an "urban garden" project but no idea what it is or when it's happening.

Urban jungle I believe. Sponsored by penneys animal print section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It would be perfect spot for bike scheme. It's annoying having to go down to Arthur's quay when there's a perfect spot right outside pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

panda100 wrote: »
    It would be perfect spot for bike scheme. It's annoying having to go down to Arthur's quay when there's a perfect spot right outside pennys

The Arthur's Quay docking station is 50 metres from Penneys in fairness!

That area is a right shambles though! I'm sick of the sight of O'Connell Street in its current guise! If the council were more proactive in sourcing funding for the outrageously overdue overhaul instead of messing around with half arsed plans it might actually get started within the decade!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any idea what permission is needed etc for that crepe stall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

panda100 wrote: »

Does anyone actually use these bikes?? Don't see many people cycling around on them. They need to support in the suburbs, not just the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Noticed a few weeks ago that the council have painted a yellow crossing marker on the road (between flower pots) across from the Cruises Street entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually use these bikes?? Don't see many people cycling around on them. They need to support in the suburbs, not just the city centre.

I've seen plenty using them, and some banks have actually no bikes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Use it most days I'm off work love them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They prob pick up in the good weather and summer.can you get like day passes say for tourists

• Advertisement

For the semi-final in Thomond Park, saw loads of people with munster jerseys using them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Mc Love wrote: »
    For the semi-final in Thomond Park, saw loads of people with munster jerseys using them

Anyone that needs a bike to get around Limerick needs to get out training sure you'd trot around Limerick in 20/30 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Anyone that needs a bike to get around Limerick needs to get out training sure you'd trot around Limerick in 20/30 minutes.

That makes absolutely no sense. How does somebody cycling mean they're unfit? If anything cycling is better for your fitness than walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What is a crepe stall ?

What is a crepe stall ?

chicorytip wrote: »
    What is a crepe stall ?

A stall that sells crepes

That's an odd name. I'd have called them chazzwazzers!

Well, fancy that !! Who would have thunk it.

Work in progress today. Lotta planting boxes (boxes for planting in...) in place. Nothing in them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Work in progress today. Lotta planting boxes (boxes for planting in...) in place. Nothing in them yet.

And there was I thinking they were cattle troughs :D

• Advertisement

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    And there was I thinking they were cattle troughs :D
    Now that you mention it.... seems like a logical spot for horse troughs?

228576-The-horse-and-carriage-parking-lot-0.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

http://www.limerick.ie/living/whatsnew/2015-06-15-limerick-city-and-county-council-brings-splash-of-colour-to-city-centre-with-new-animated-urban-garden

The above link popped up on my Facebook page this morning, so I wasn't too far off. Will be interesting to see when it's finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should go well with the local Ooumpa Loompa tans and onesies outside Penny's.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

chicorytip wrote: »
    What is a crepe stall ?

pd1481241.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Noticed a few weeks ago that the council have painted a yellow crossing marker on the road (between flower pots) across from the Cruises Street entrance.

Spotted that recently. A designated area for jaywalking with two pedestrian crossing areas 20 metres either side, only in Limerick!

Advertisement