Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a moment...

Options
  • 09-06-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, so I bought an Xbox One about 3 months ago, and I totally have buyers remorse, I've turned it on once, twice max. I never play it. Have Halo MCC and I'm very much 'meh' about it. Same with sunset overdrive, thought I'd love that cause it's so bright and 'sega' like.

No games out now interest me, nothing in the future jumps out at me at all. I'll get Tomb Raider for the ps4. I don't like the new controller for some reason, it's no 360 controller.

It's sitting there with my ps3 and 4 and WiiU and Wii and I feel like I'm never gonna play it.

Should I just sell it?

At a point where I have too many systems and not enough time I think. An extra one that is just simply not being used seems like a bit of a waste sadly. I do have it in my mind, that a game will come out in a year or so and I'll want it but can I justify that. Hmm, advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The new Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The new Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive.

For 6 months or so, then it comes to ps4 and pc

For 6 months or so, then it comes to ps4 and pc

That has only been implied but never confirmed though? MS are really pushing it as an exclusive since E3 last year.

That has only been implied but never confirmed though? MS are really pushing it as an exclusive since E3 last year.

Hmm ok, well let's say TR is a lifetime exclusive to xbone, it's one game so far. Besides FPS, does MS have any bright fun 2d or 3d plateformers coming? I think I have to sell it on to someone who will use it otherwise.

Maybe in a few years I'll buy one again if the back car builds up to my liking. Ugh, stupid impulse buys will be the death of me.

Sunset Overdrive is a good, open world kind of platformer. It's a good exclusive to the system. It's worth checking out imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hmm ok, well let's say TR is a lifetime exclusive to xbone, it's one game so far. Besides FPS, does MS have any bright fun 2d or 3d plateformers coming? I think I have to sell it on to someone who will use it otherwise.

Maybe in a few years I'll buy one again if the back car builds up to my liking. Ugh, stupid impulse buys will be the death of me.

Hey Readyletsgo, did you have a look at Rayman on the Xbox one, it's a great platformer, myself and my kids play it and it's very good.

Ori and the blind forest is another one and Shovel Knight is supposed to be a good one too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok guys, so I bought an Xbox One about 3 months ago, and I totally have buyers remorse, I've turned it on once, twice max. I never play it. Have Halo MCC and I'm very much 'meh' about it. Same with sunset overdrive, thought I'd love that cause it's so bright and 'sega' like.

No games out now interest me, nothing in the future jumps out at me at all. I'll get Tomb Raider for the ps4. I don't like the new controller for some reason, it's no 360 controller.

It's sitting there with my ps3 and 4 and WiiU and Wii and I feel like I'm never gonna play it.

Should I just sell it?

At a point where I have too many systems and not enough time I think. An extra one that is just simply not being used seems like a bit of a waste sadly. I do have it in my mind, that a game will come out in a year or so and I'll want it but can I justify that. Hmm, advice please.

If it was me I'd get rid, but maybe wait till E3 to see if anything is announced that's worth holding on for.
    being completely realistic though, there are only so many hours in the day, and most of the big games are multiplatform anyway. I toyed with the idea of getting a PS4, but I know that beyond the sony exclusives like Uncharted, it'd only be gathering dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm holding onto mine for Fallout 4. I feel like that's going to be 'the one' to sway me to the so-called next gen. Been very disappointed so far.

Hey Readyletsgo, did you have a look at Rayman on the Xbox one, it's a great platformer, myself and my kids play it and it's very good.

Ori and the blind forest is another one and Shovel Knight is supposed to be a good one too

Thanks for the reply. Yup, I got Rayman on the WiiU, great game! Have Shovel Knight on the 3DS and PS4, you should totally check that one out on Xbox cause of the Battetoads DLC.

If it was me
    I'd get rid, but maybe wait till E3 to see if anything is announced that's worth holding on for.
    being completely realistic though, there are only so many hours in the day, and most of the big games are multiplatform anyway. I toyed with the idea of getting a PS4, but I know that beyond the sony exclusives like Uncharted, it'd only be gathering dust.

Yeah, that's the way I look at the ps4, I like the DS4 more than the xbone controller for mulitiplats so would get them on on ps4, and exclusives for xbone just don't interest me right now. I know E3 could suprise me but also there could be a price drop for Europe with the 1TB xbone coming out this month so think I should sell it on before that.

Anyway, after much soul searching I popped the Xbone up on adverts there for a great price so I'll see what happens. I can always get a second hand one in a few years if something that really interests me I guess. thanks for the advice!

Also, yes, just not enough time in a day to play all these amazing systems at the end of the day, cuts have to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Honestly OP, I'm a die hard Xbox fanboy and even I can resonate with your post. I'm hanging on in there for Halo 5, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider and a few others.

I look at the PS4 exclusives and there's nothing there that would pull me over to the dark side.

• Advertisement

Honestly OP, I'm a die hard Xbox fanboy and even I can resonate with your post. I'm hanging on in there for Halo 5, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider and a few others.

I look at the PS4 exclusives and there's nothing there that would pull me over to the dark side.

Haha I hear ya loud and clear, but I'm not a fan boy at all. Loved the 360 and Wii and ps3, had them all. And have all this gen too but Xbox is doing nothing for me this time round. No interest in their first party if I'm honest.

I'm gonna sell it on. Thanks for the reply though!

I did the same, I bought the console on launch, sold it about this time last year as I just didn't use it. Then I went and bought the Kinectless version last November for Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive. Played it for about a month and have not turned the console on since.

Just on PC, PS4 and WiiU for my gaming needs in the mean time. At this stage I'm just hanging on to it for the few exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

It is a shame, but as far as I can remember with the 360, it takes a good while before games are made on new gen alone, a la Fallout 4.

It'll get better....

... right guys?

I got the 360 day one and the games were coming thick and fast for that from the start. We had Mass Effect 1 2 years after launch, Oblivion, Alan Wake, PGR 3 and 4, Dead Rising, Mirror's Edge.

To me the 360 hit the ground running compared to the competition at the time even though it did arrive late.

Gen 7 was better from the get go imo. Gen 8 to me is very slow with alot of remasters to fill the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Microsoft just announced a partnership with Oculus Rift to stream Xbox One games to the rift.
    Crackdown Scalebound and Quantum Break all look to be brilliant exclusives.
    Azure servers are the absolute job too, never played anything as smooth as Titanfall.
    Direct X12 update coming to Xbox One sometime in July.
    Future is bright enough for x1 at the moment not sure why anyone would want to sell it unless all your mates are on PS4

Advertisement