Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinacurra bus lane

• 09-06-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi I have been away from Limerick for some years now . I would like to know if the Ballinacurra bus lane has been completed and whether the Coonagh to Knocklisheen dual carriage way has started. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

bus lane is done dual carriageway not yet might start this year

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Hi Thanks for info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Worst thing they've ever done to that road is that bus lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Iang87 wrote: »
    Worst thing they've ever done to that road is that bus lane

Totally agree no need for it at all doesn't knock any time off the bus journey and the bus lane also doubles up as a bike lane which I cannot understand how that works...

And also everyone that is parking on the road is technically breaking the law as to park you have to drive across the bus lane which is illegal. A bus lane has to stop and begin after each and every exit.

And even more reasons the lane isnt used, was stuck behind the 301 all the way from the cresent shopping centre to the:mad: end of Hyde road as the bus refused to actually use the bus lane...absolutely proving its a complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Also because of the bus lane the other two lanes have become really narrow. If a cyclist is heading from punches to the crescent then cars have to move over to the other side of the road to pass the cyclist. Makes no sense. Worse again if someone parks up on the footpath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, it's very dangerous when there are cyclists about. Had they not made the footpaths so wide, surely they could have had room for a bike lane.

Yeah, it's very dangerous when there are cyclists about. Had they not made the footpaths so wide, surely they could have had room for a bike lane.

The bus lane coming in doubles as a bike lane, which is something I cannot understand as if a bike is using it then a bus cant, there is simply no need for a bus lane here period, it saves no time for bus journeys and simply makes the road dangerous for everyone else as a result, I hate saying it but give it time and this will be proven by a very bad accident.

Why they make footpaths so wide is beyond me and they just continue this over and over again..they look good but that about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

steveon wrote: »

Why they make footpaths so wide is beyond me and they just continue this over and over again..they look good but that about it

Not sure about that particular instance, but generally footpaths in the city are ridiculously narrow and many don't meet minimum widths.

Advertisement