Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crying Kitten

• 09-06-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

Looking for some advice if possible, I live in an apartment overlooking a river - since early afternoon I have heard what sounds like a young kitten crying. I went outside to have a look, and the crying is coming from across the river in some overgrowth. So I can't get very close. Should I get some wellingtons and go look for the animal? Also worried to touch her incase her mother will come back for her? any advice very appreciated as I can't bear to think of the poor cat suffering.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yes do go find the kitten please; the fact she's still crying would point towards the fact the mother is most likely not coming back and/or that she's wounded (and then likely abandoned by the mother).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I heard a kitten crying somewhere near my house. The crying went on for a couple of days. To my shame (not being a cat owner/liker even) I did nothing about it. Eventually I went looking, and found a very tiny kitten. She is now all grown up and the cat-love of my life and has us all wrapped around her paw - including the dog! The moral of this reply (!) is that my cats two tiny siblings who were also out there, died of starvation because I didnt find them too :( so yes, do go and look for your kitten - otherwise you will feel bad that you didnt even try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

What's the general area? I'll help you look if it's near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaz20

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies!!!! So I popped on the wellingtons and got into the river last night, quickly realized the kittens were in a neighbour's garden overlooking the river. I called around and the lady who lived let me know that she is feeding the kittens and looking after them, she feeds their mother too, but as she is a feral cat, she very protective of the kittens, and moved them down to the bottom of the garden. She had seen the cat with the kittens that morning, so all in all I can feel a little better knowing the cats are being looked after!! thanks again everyone!!

Advertisement