Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

tried again just now, and it has worked.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Do you have access to the data you scan? Eg. SAN your shop & export a csv of the products for your personal records?

OU812 wrote: »
    Do you have access to the data you scan? Eg. SAN your shop & export a csv of the products for your personal records?

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

I think I had that error, but it was my fault as I hadn't connected to the internet!!! New software on the way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Anyone having trouble submitting the receipts through mobile browser. Wont submit no matter how many times I try?

• Advertisement

muirsheen wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble submitting the receipts through mobile browser. Wont submit no matter how many times I try?

No issues. Using chrome on android.

Maybe the file size is too big? I got a message saying large file size but it took it, so now I down size them.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jc77

Just came across this thread.

I've been scanning since 2008 & as this poster says;
    L1011 wrote: »
    I've gone from 600 to 540, haven't had time to ask why

I too noticed my points had dropped about Sept/Oct 2018, however, I never contacted S&S to query it.

Even though the points have dropped to 540, I'm still happy with the points I accumulate & the vouchers I can cash them in for.

I didn't know they had a second part to the shopping/scanning business, the uploading of receipts.

What is the number of points you get for uploading receipts?

I get 140 credits for uploading the clicker data and 60 credits for the receipts.

I've got the Opticon OPN-2001-00 that you connect via usb to the computer (I saw on Facebook that a few were switching to this device). The new software was a pain to get, but it's finally installed and working. Happy to be getting bonus points for that.

Anyone else having issues with the new software application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭bromley52

Gormal wrote: »

My date of birth was incorrect on their system so I couldn't log in. A quick phone call sorted it out.

bromley52 wrote: »
    My date of birth was incorrect on their system so I couldn't log in. A quick phone call sorted it out.

I've been through that already. Had trouble downloading it. Eventually got it installed and working, but for the last 2 weeks it's not working, (reinstalled it to work, but can't do that this week) as in connecting to the internet and communicating (firewall would tell me).

Gormal wrote: »

Yes cant submit my barcodes this week. says my date of birth is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Yes cant submit my barcodes this week. says my date of birth is wrong.

I'm having the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

I have the same problem and they are aware of the issue. I have a work around that works; if you open the app in a container it will open and you should be able to transmit. I use comodo firewall and that has a built in container that you can run the app in.

I think they really should have let everyone know that this is an issue as I was really scratching my head with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nannyq

I had same issue yesterday, uploaded receipts but said date of birth wrong so couldn't upload data on clicker. Pity they didn't let us know, they are quick to contact if we are late to upload!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just got this email from them:
    Dear _____ ,

Thank you for your valued contribution to the panel.

Unfortunately, we are having some technical difficulties that have affected our panel members from being able to log in to transmit barcodes to us.

This issue is currently being worked on at the highest level by our technical team. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. We will be in touch when this has been resolved.

In the meantime, please continue to scan in your shopping trips. The points for your barcodes last week will be added to your account as normal today.

We will be in touch to let you know when you can transmit again.

Many thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
    Shop and Scan

I used the old software to transmit the barcodes, wasn't going to faff about. I knew there was something wrong at their end, because I couldn't download the app to reinstall.

They must have been inundated with emails this morning.....lol

Some people managed to transmit fine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Tried to transmit a few minutes ago - still nothing.

It's allegedly sorted now.

Dear,

Thank you for your patience.

I am happy to let you know that the issue with logging into the app to transmit your barcodes has been resolved.

You can now log in by entering your panel number and date of birth in the format mm/dd/yyyy with no spaces and carry out a transmission. Please carry out a transmission at your earliest convenience to ensure that we are receiving your shopping data.

If you have any difficulties transmitting or are getting the same error, please contact us.

Once again, we appreciate your patience and apologise sincerely for the inconveniences caused.

Best Regards,

Shop and Scan

• Advertisement

Anyone have problems this evening? Can't transmit barcodes

I transmitted yesterday fine. Disable your firewall and see if it works. I had an issues with the wrong file path in my firewall settings and that prevented my transmitting and it asking for my DOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Clicker app still not working for me. The app has updated twice since they acknowledged the previous fault. Getting Panel number or DOB error.

If you're running Windows 10, try running the app in win 8 compatibility mode. Worked for a friend.

Anyone having trouble transmitting this evening?

Anyone having trouble transmitting this evening?

Yup. Same issues.
    Cannot login for the clicker. Giving me errors.
    But can login on the website and have uploaded the receipts.

I have messaged them on facemuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jc77

Got an email last week that I won their recent Joke competition - 2000 points.

Delighted! Scanning 12 years & it's the first time I won with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nannyq

rameire wrote: »
    Yup. Same issues.
    Cannot login for the clicker. Giving me errors.
    But can login on the website and have uploaded the receipts.

I have messaged them on facemuck.

same problem here this evening

was able to upload the clicker this morning.

• Advertisement

Rang helpline this morning and they said the system was down yesterday. Was able to upload fine this morning

Advertisement