Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search and rescue Lough Atalia

Options
  • 09-06-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

There's a lot of activity going in over Lough Atalia at the minute, someone was allegedly involved in a robbery and jumped into Lough Atalia to evade capture.

Lots of onlookers and helicopters at the scene currently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah just saw it hovering there from the house for a good while. Was wondering what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I noticed the copter, an ambulance and a few garda vehicles on the renmore side of lough atalia by the dept of defense when I was walking home about an hour ago. I assumed they were doing doing a drill or something. Do you mean jumping off the bridge or wading in from land by the radisson? If jumping, ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

From reports I heard, the person allegedly was involved in a robbery of a shop and jumped into Lough Atalia and swam over towards the Renmore Barracks area.

There was talk that they became caught in some mud.

The search seems to be over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

He's only going one way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

http://connachttribune.ie/young-man-rescued-from-water-at-lough-atalia/
    The RNLI and search and rescue helicopter came to the rescue of a young man at Lough Atalia last evening.
    A rescue operation got underway at around 7.15pm after reports that a person had entered the water.
    The man, who’s in his mid 20’s, was rescued from Lough Atalia and taken to UHG as a precaution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Great pictures from UCH yesterday on Galway Advertiser facebook and on the guys own facebook of Coast Guard Helicopter and Air Corps Helicopter

https://www.facebook.com/GalwayAdvertiser/photos/pb.323864916940.-2207520000.1433931790./10153384649556941/?type=1&theatre

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

There's some shirtless man out there now wading around in the mud. Looks like he's looking for something. You couldn't pay me to step into that water!

Advertisement